Chapter 27 - The Silencer (Part 1)

Allie's P.O.V

(After she fell out with Bryer)

"Yes, YES!" I yelled into the phone

The officer kept asking me if I was sure if I knew that Bryer was in danger. "I went into those woods with her, ok, she told me that she's going to stop that murderer herself. Officer, please listen to me, my friend has been kidna-"

"Are you certain that she said those words?" He intervened. Is this man deaf! I just said that she was going to go after the Silencer. "Can I speak to someone who is in charge-" I pause, remembering that Bryer's father is a detective. "Better yet, get me on the phone with Mr. Camlotte from Paradox Springs," I demanded.

It was so dark this time around, the trees shriveled because of the lack of energy from the yellow star. Pacing in front of these dreaded woods didn't seem to calm my agitation as I tried to contact Madeline for the umpteenth time.  It's not like she's on a trip with her cousin at Les Étoiles halfway across the country, she could at least read the hundreds of text messages that I spammed her with. What's so important that she can't answer me?

The man released a heavy sigh, proceeding to make my request.

"Yo detective, some whiny teenage girl is asking for you...I think she's one of those pranksters." He announced.

With a scowl, I huffed knowing that I couldn't speak with total freedom to this twat, I might get arrested.

Where I am is freezing, not even my wool sweater could shelter me from the bitter cold. My mind was solely focused on the safety of Bryer. Madeline isn't  answering, Austin's kidnapped, and Lyla's...

"He'll be with you in a minute kid." His voice could show a vivid picture of the dark circles beneath his eyes.

"Ok," I replied.

Asher was the only one that I could text, so I did. Unsurprisingly, he answered within the first ten seconds.

Asher?

Allie?
Have you guys found him?
I'd look but I uh, I'm kind of occupied with something else.

I chuckled a little which caused the policeman to question me "What's making you laugh at this time of night?"

"I knew you were a lunatic, I'm calling the nearest mental institution, give me the number on your wristband." Shuffling began on the other side which raised some panic within me.

"What?" My brows furrowed "No, listen, officer, I need to speak with Mr.Camelotte asap!" As soon I said that a new message popped up on my screen from Asher.

???

No... I'm contacting the police but he's an idiot.