Chapter 7 - A day with an Enemy

School hasn't been the easiest these past few days, the professors are just throwing the essays at us

Right now I'm in the Alkanzer Library researching the different styles of writing for my English class later today.

Today was supposed to be a great day, A Wednesday where I could just kick back and relax at the dorms, but it seemed as if the day had different plans.

Sitting down on the bench while trying to write about something that barely interests me, wasn't the best feeling in the world.

Studying for Journalism and broadcast isn't the easiest thing, I don't really know why I thought so because no one told me that it was.

I'm now turning to the last page of the book that I was reading, being unsuccessful with finding anything valuable enough for me to use in this stupid essay.

Suddenly I felt someone looking over at me.

My head snapped up looking for the culprit until its search ended when they connected with,

Lyla's?

Once she saw that I saw her, she slowly removed herself from her table of laughing friends and walked over to me.

It was tantalizingly slow, my heart was racing and my hands became clammy.

I did not trust this girl at all.

Everything about her seemed sketchy.

The people she associated herself with,

The clothes she wore,

And just the way she talked to others, always like she was hiding something.

"Hey new girl, what are you up to?" She asked.

"Why do you care?" I replied.

"Ouch, can't a girl be curious as to what her dormmate is doing? After all, I don't trust you." She stated.

I laughed so hard that I started to wheeze.

The audacity that this girl has.

She doesn't trust me?

I could say the same thing about her, but at least I have a reason not to trust her.

What reason does she have on me?

"And why is that?" I asked.

"I have my reasons." She trailed off while taking a seat opposite to mine.

"And what are those reasons?" I pushed.

"They're reasons that are for me only,"

"And why is that?" I pressed.

"You're very nagging you know that right?" She snapped.

"I'm nagging? Well, your annoying but you don't see me complaining now do you?" I retaliated.