Chapter 23 - Mastermind

Bryer's P.O.V

Before Austin was kidnapped

"You know that they suspect you right?" I deadpanned to Sony. I knew it wasn't him, but the evidence was piling upon him. Whomever the Silencer was, knows Sony well enough to frame him.

"...about what?" He sighed. Rubbing his temple as if preparing for another wave of bad news.

"You..don't know?" I pried. I couldn't know for sure if he was completely innocent so I at least had to even all the odds. His face grew pale as he played with his ring finger. Nothing occupied the space there though. No form of jewelry to show off, the way he played with the empty space indicated that I was indeed correct. This dude did have the ring but who did he get it from?

"Who gave it to you Sony?" I pressed. In the depths of his eyes, there was a timid shadow that desperately tried to shield itself from the world. I couldn't allow it to though. If only he answered my question, I could finally quench my ravenous thirst for the truth and calm my curiosity.

"I...I think I know what you're talking about....it's about my ring isn't it?" He sighed, drinking the remainder of his punch before continuing. "I found it on the English classroom floor beside one of my friend's seats," He began.

"He told me that it wasn't his so I decided 'why not wear it?', that turned out to be a horrible mistake didn't it," He trailed off with a humorless chuckle. "They think I killed her, you know....my own roommate!" His head began shaking from left to right as if he couldn't accept what was happening and I didn't blame him.

"Why would a want to kill Darla? She was always good to me...I'm not a very active kid...because of that people believe that I'm the 'quiet kid'-"

"-the what?"

"You know... The person in school who's most likely to just give up on everything and go around shooting people with a gun at school because he or she was bullied or something?" His hands waved around as he explained to me what he meant and I knew what he was talking about...almost every high school had one. So I began to nod, ready to ask my next question before I froze.

It all makes sense now, the 'quiet kid'. The silencer was always right under my nose, someone who no one would expect because of how we perceive them.

All the facts were there!

Ugh, how could I have been so stupid to miss that!

Austin had the ring first, and he claimed to say that he found it in his English classroom. The only other people who have classes in that room and are relevant to this case are Sony, Asher, and I.

Austin found the ring after Sony lost it in that classroom! And Sony found it near his friend's desk...the only thing I have to ask to conclude my theory is who that friend is!

"Sony-"

Suddenly, the lights went off. The room became pitch black as the screeching from the karaoke bar stopped. Girly shrieks sounded in the room all at once from both genders.