Chapter 13 - Your Ring

Rain crawled down the closed window in my room

Rain crawled down the closed window in my room. Huge puffy cotton balls floated in in sky refreshing the land of the hot September sun.

The grass drank viciously as thunder echoed. My body was sprawled out on the purple, queen-sized bed, watching the view.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Madeline stated, her favourite book in hand, and headphones on.

I paused "Bad Blood" that was playing in my earphones to look over at her, giving her my response.

"Yeah," I happily sighed.

"It's kind of refreshing since we've been getting sunshine all month," I continued.

"I'm not talking about the weather, although it is nice," She coughed.

"I'm talking about having only one death this week and being able to move back into the Academy," She explained.

My heart rapidly fell into my stomach as I digested her words.

"What do you mean one death?"

Her eyes focused on my furrowed eyebrows, mirroring the expression.

"You mean to tell me that you haven't heard?" She asked.

"Someone died?" I answered.

"Yes Bry, does Stefan ring a bell?" She deadpanned.

"Stefan King, he wasn't even on the list!" I exclaimed.

"I know, it's like the Silencer is changing his pattern," She said.

"He was found in his dorm, dorm Kappa," She explained.

My delighted mood was ruined.

The calming thunder outside was now nothing but a memory as I was solely focused on the death of Stefan King.

Lyla was right, the silencer was never killing only the survivors.

Stefan is the grand nephew of Tashea King.

Tashea was one of the unlucky ones during the fire.

"How did he even die? I thought that they found the Silencer," I questioned.

"I guess they didn't catch the right person," She laughed.

"I mean, who in their right mind would think that Maybel Flinch was the Silencer?" She rambled.

"The poor girl only knows about ballet and soccer,"

"The real Silencer killed him on Monday, I really thought that you knew about this," She said.

"I-I didn't, how could I not know this, it's Friday for crying out loud," I answered.

"His hung body had the number "eight" engraved and his mouth sewn shut...just like the others," she explained.