Chapter 21: Rampage

Chapter 21: Rampage 

About fifteen minutes later, we had descended down the mountain far enough to spot a river. 

"We're really close," Lance promised. 

"Whoa, what's that?" I sat up straight, hitting Daniel in the chest with my elbow. 

"Ow!" 

"It's the Gyarados, look." I pointed out the front windshield. The Red Gyarados was in a river, using Hydro Pump in anger and swimming in the opposite direction of us. 

The others in the back attempted to look, but there were just too many people. Misty and Ash began bickering immediately. 

"Quiet down, guys. I need to focus," Lance ordered, beginning to shift gears on the jeep as we sped towards the river. Five minutes later, we were neck and neck with the Gyarados. Anthony attempted to unstick his face from the window as the Gyarados glared at us, roaring. 

We all screamed as the huge Pokemon sent a furious Hydro Pump at the jeep. Lance veered to the left, avoiding it. The jeep came to a halt and we all piled, more like fell, out of the car, gasping for air. 

"Where'd Ash go?" Misty dusted herself off from the ground. 

"Oh no." I pointed to my dad. He was running on the river bank to the side of the Gyarados. 

"It's great that you broke free, Gyarados!" he yelled. The Gyarados's eyes fell on him and narrowed. The dragon-like Pokemon opened its mouth, sending another Hydro Pump straight at my dad. 

"Ash!" we all screamed as Ash got knocked into the air by the blast, falling to the ground like a ragdoll. We sprinted over to him, Pikachu in the lead. "Pika pi!"  

Lance helped him sit up. "Are you ok?" 

"Yeah," Ash said tiredly, looking dazed.  

I sighed in relief, wondering how my dad could do something so stupid out of sheer love for Pokemon without thinking about the consequences- and that consequence was an angry Gyarados that most grown men would run from. I shook my head. I couldn't ever understand his courage. 

The Gyarados lost interest and swam towards the other side of the river, shooting a Hydro Pump at some log cabins. 

My dad stood up quickly, alarmed. "No, Gyarados! Stop!" 

"Nothing's going to stop that Gyarados now, guys," Anthony said solemnly. "It's in a rage." 

"Then what should we do?" Brock asked. 

"It's too angry to calm down." Lance sighed. 

"Well, we've gotta do something to stop Gyarados!" Misty cried. 

"Yeah, he's going to destroy everything in sight," I replied. 

Lance nodded. "I know what to do. Go, Dragonite!"  

Lance threw his Poke Ball and Dragonite appeared next to him. 

"Hold it!" a voice called. Three more jeeps pulled up, blocking our way.  

Tyson got out of one and slammed the door shut angrily. "Well, well, so you're the famous Lance I've heard so much about." He nodded to the jeeps. "You guys follow that Gyarados." 

The jeeps drove off, leaving us alone with Tyson. 

Ash watched them leave before saying to Lance, "Don't worry about Gyarados, we'll make sure nothing bad happens to it." 

"Us too!" I nodded, as did Ash's and my friends. 

We ran after the jeeps and I heard Lance call after us, "Wait, guys! Hold on!"