Chapter 43: Fate

Chapter 43: Fate

"What about the guy's Pokemon he left behind? And what if he comes back?" I asked worriedly as we walked.

"We'll send them back with some simple shots of the time dimension gun. And I don't think he can come back or else he would have by now. That or he's regrouping to hurt us at some other time in the future."

"Us?" I repeated, then frowned. "Wait, why was he only attacking us anyway? And why did he kidnap you?"

Daniel took a deep breath, about to speak. He closed his mouth as he looked ahead. "There they are."

He started jogging, finding what felt like a battlefield. Trees were splintered, the green of the forest floor had been stripped away to rubble.

"What is up with this guy's Pokemon? They seem unbeatable," I said, making my way past the Donphan from earlier, passed out. Daniel fired the gun without flinching. The Donphan disappeared. A green head poked out from behind a tree, a slim red eye honed on us. We walked around to find Anthony with his Rapier, who was down for the count.

"You figured out what it did," Anthony stated, panting besides Rapier as he bandaged up his tail.

I looked ahead to see Misty's Starmie still fighting against Rhydon. I was too tired to help.

"I'm on it," Crikey growled, charging forward. "Wait until I sink my teeth into your rocky head!"

"The others still have Pokemon left. But hardly. These Pokemon have special stat boosting items that I've never seen before. Go use that thing." Anthony indicated the gun.

Daniel took a deep breath. "Alright. Since you're busy playing doctor."

"I am. Hurry up." Anthony tightened the bandages, making Rapier hiss.

"Come on. I'll help," I said.

Daniel squared his shoulders. "Right. No offense, Em, but you have horrible aim."

I scowled. Zuko nodded in agreement with Daniel.

"See? He knows it. So it's up to me. Again," Daniel said, aiming the gun at Rhydon and pulling the trigger. He disappeared before Crikey even got in a hit.

"Hey! That was my fight."

Daniel grinned, then moved onto the next battle, which Brock and his Geodude were enduring against an Aggron. He was gone in a flash. Brock and Geodude collapsed together in relief, but not before a Venusaur moved in the camouflage of the forest, vines extending to grab them. Daniel noticed and sent a shot his way. Milliseconds before the vines ensnared Brock and his partner, he was gone.

"This guy had more than six Pokemon," I commented.

"Yeah, well. He probably cheated the system somehow," Daniel said as he shot another portal at an Aerodactyl, then at Snorlax.

"Help us out!" Amanda yelled as Bonnie used Thunderbolt on a Kabutops, which slammed into her with Waterfall.

"He's fast. Crikey, go get him," Daniel said, taking aim.

"My pleasure." Crikey started forward, using Waterfall until Kabutops slammed into a tree. Crikey moved out of the way and Daniel fired.

"Is that all of them?" Amanda asked.

"Where are Ash and Misty?" I asked.

"They went to go find you a while ago," Amanda answered. "Did you not see them?

"No," I said. Something bumped against my hand. Reg. I patted his head. "We need to go get them."

Crikey stomped back over. "What about that Metagross?"