Chapter 83

It was hard to move my eyes. I stretched them to the corners to see familiar faces.

It was the witch, the fairy, and the vampire. It was the C.C.C. They stepped over wolf bodies with disgust.

"Someone needs to explain! What IS going on here?" The vampire cringed looking at the blood.

The witch stuck out her hand and hid the moon. We all changed back to our human forms.

"Ugh, wolves. Give them some clothes." The witch ordered.

The fairy flickered a gold substance off his arms. We all were then covered in golden robes.

The vampire unfroze us. We were all still cornering Aspen. Ulrich reached for her neck.

"Ulrich! What is the meaning of this!" The witch yelled.

"SHE came into my home. AMBUSHED MY LODGE." She must pay!"

I grabbed his hand on the grip of her neck.

"They're here. Let them bring her to justice." I said.

He pulled his large hand off her porcelain neck. Her sharp eyes looked angry. She did not look fragile.

"Aspen. Ulrich. We came here because the moon was hidden. We told you if a witch did that, we would be back. But by the time we got out here we see a bunch of dead younglings on your lawn!"

"Hello, sorry. But a lot of people are severely hurt right now. They need help." Romulus spoke up.

"So heal them." The witch said.

"There's too many. I can't. Please. Let me take them to the hospital."

"And risk exposure? Not a chance."

"Please. I can't save everyone. I'll cover for it. And if anyone finds out, I'll take the fall for it. Please..."

Romulus knew the risk of humans finding out. He knew the penalty would be death. Romulus was always the hero.

"Fine! Take them!" The witch said.

Romulus gathered Raven, Nadine, Jaxson, and several others. He piled their unconscious bodies and drove full speed away.

"As for everyone else."

The vampire took control of us again. He placed our lodge seats back together. The conscious pack members sat together. On the other side of the room were the guardians of both packs, and the leaders. The layout resembled a courtroom. All of us had our hands invisibly tied around our backs.

"A truth spell will be performed onto the leaders and guardians. Sentencing will be after." The fairy announced.

Our pack went first. Despite their injuries, they powered through. Ulrich let the truthful story fly off his tongue. He told them the full story.

"She wanted to unite the packs at first. I disagreed."

"She spewed her prejudice."

"She attacked my son..."

He didn't leave a detail out. By the time he finished, Bayne, Sirius, and Dakota gave the same stories.

Next on the hot seat was the queen of destruction herself. She did her best to keep her jaw locked.

"Aspen. You are a pack leader of the North Eastern pack, correct?"

"...Yes."

"Did you change these younglings?"

"N..N...Yes." She tried to resist the powerful spell.

I could only imagine how much she hated it. She hated witches and magic, I bet it was destroying her inside that her evil undoing would be caused by a truth spell.