Chapter 20 - Plotting

Marinette was anxiously getting ready to go to school, walking around her room, getting her things together.

"Don't forget the miraculouses," Tikki reminded Marinette.

"Yeah, I know," Marinette answered, not excited at the prospect of giving out the miraculouses for more than just a fight, even though it was her idea.

She quickly grabbed her bag and carefully put the miraculouses into her purse.

"Come, Tikki," Marinette gestured for her to fly into her purse.

When Tikki was safely hidden, Marinette hurried down the stairs, ate a quick breakfast and left to go to school.

As usual she met up with Adrien in front of the doors of the school. He was smiling to Kim and Alix, who were standing nearby, but Marinette could tell it was a fake smile.

"Hey," She gently took his hand and squeezed it.

"Hey," Adrien responded and as he looked at her, she could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Hey guys!" The usual enthusiastic greeting came from Alya, who was walking towards them with Nino.

They just waved.

"Dude, where were you yesterday?" Nino confronted Adrien, "Marinette here was getting worried."

Adrien gave a small smile to Marinette, touched that she had worried about him. Then, he looked at Nino and answered, "I wasn't feeling very well so I stayed home but I feel better now."

Nino nodded, "Ok, well I'm glad you're better dude!"

Adrien smiled, "Come, we should probably head to class."

The group agreed.

When they arrived in the classroom Alya and Nino had started talking with Max, something about a project. Meanwhile, Marinette found this the perfect situation to slip the miraculouses into their bags, which they conveniently left at their desks.

Adrien, in the mean time, had managed to walk over to Chloé and have a small conversation with her. While she was distracted he secretly slipped the bee miraculous into her bag.

When he walked back over to his desk Marinette hugged him, "Thanks," She gave him a small peck and walked over to sit at her desk. No later Ms. Bustier walked in, who told the class to settle down and started calling the register.

"Looks like we're all here," She turned to the board, satisfied and started a lecture on Newton's laws of motion.

By the end of class everyone was tired of the droning voice of the teacher. The class quickly stood up, eager to go have lunch.