Chapter 4 - Another Akuma

A/N: The akuma in this chapter is my own original idea. Hope you enjoy!

❤︎❤︎❤︎

When Adrien slipped into his seat the next day in class he started thinking about the things that have been happening. 

It seemed it was a bad time for everyone. Not only Ladybug was having problems but it looked like Marinette was too. She looked tired, her best friend was avoiding her and she seemed to be avoiding him. Adrien did not know that the thing he did was not entirely his fault. He wanted to apologize to her the next time he could but since she was avoiding him this moment was hard to find.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a slight commotion coming from outside. Knowing it could be an akuma Adrien started to become twitchy while trying to look at the board and out of the window at the same time.

He was right. No later the alarm set off signaling an akuma attack. Adrien slipped out of the class easily due to the slight panic in the classroom.

From near by, a tiny, unheard groan was let out by Marinette who reluctantly went somewhere to hide since she knew what was coming.

"Hello M'Lady! How are you?" 

She looked up at him, "Ok." This was an understatement. She looked terrible. Even under the red and black polka-dotted mask Chat Noir saw how tired Ladybug was. Her eyes were red from lack of sleep and possibly crying.

He was ripped out of his thoughts as she asked, "What's the akuma about?" Chat Noir had arrived a little earlier and told her what he knew.

It wasn't a particularly hard akuma but Chat was worried about how Ladybug would handle it. She looked exhausted but he knew it would be no good to ask her to take a break today, mainly because they had almost lost to Hawkmoth the other day. Reluctantly he started explaining, "The akuma victim is a girl called Anaïs. She had been at a party with her friends when she left. Her friends talked about her in an... an unfriendly way and now she wants to torture everyone to tell the truth about what they think about their friends, family and so on."

She gave him a small smile, "Thanks for the info Chaton."

In the distance they heard someone scream and as they arrived at the scene. The akuma victim called herself 'Truth Teller'. She was holding a staff with something that looked like a glass orb, on top and was shooting light from it on to a man who was writhing and screaming on the floor. "What do you think of your kid?" 'Truth Teller' screamed with laughter.

"I love him the way he is!" The man screamed back in agony of the pain the bright purple light caused.

"Oh! We've got ourselves someone we can trust!" She snickered, "Run, before I change my mind about you!" At this the man scrambled to get up and ran away as fast as he could.

They walked towards the akuma, their weapons ready for combat.

"Come and fight me nasty bug and stinky cat!"

Chat didn't seem to like the name he was given and hit a strike at the akuma. She stopped his staff with her own and they started a dueling match while Ladybug tried to find a way to start helping her partner.

After a while she joined in the fight beside Chat Noir, hitting and dodging. Most of the times she could avoid getting hit by the light from the akuma's staff but she was quite exhausted. She didn't get much sleep last night and she had shed a few tears.

Her reactions were slow therefore she did get hit by the light sometimes, wincing but not shouting out, knowing Chat would get hit for her if she showed any signs of being in pain.

After a while of hitting and dodging Ladybug decided to call her power and let Chat cover her for a little while.

"Lucky charm!"

Out of the sky dropped a glove with the usual, iconic Ladybug print. She knew immediately what to do and didn't waste a moment. She's had enough fighting for a day.

Ladybug put on the glove grabbed the ball from the ball of purple light from 'Truth Teller'. She threw it to Chat Noir who shouted "Cataclysm!". The glass crumbled to dust in his hand.

"No more evil-doing for you little akuma." She caught it, "Gotcha!" As she opened the yoyo a pure white butterfly came out. "Bye bye little butterfly."

An exhausted Ladybug feebly shouted, "Miraculous Ladybug!" And even though the pain of the hits left her, her exhaustion remained along with her sadness.

"Pound it! That was a tricky one!" Chat Noir looked joyful at their win.

"Yeah, well done Chat." She answered back though not with the enthusiasm her partner had. "I'm going to head home. Can you take care of the girl?" He nodded and waved her goodbye before striding over to the distraught Anaïs.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

A/N: What did you think of my akuma?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!