Lateness Nightmare

2006 had arrived and Ginny was still pregnant. She was torn between being worried and feeling mad at the fact she had not yet gone into labour. Her belly was heavy and she could barely walk anymore without feeling any pain and discomfort. Ginny hadn't left the bed for days and Harry had to take a week off work so he could take care of her and James. At least, Teddy spent the day at school, so that was a relief. Harry also used his time at home to finish the last details of the nursery and spend time with his wife and son. 

"Do you reckon they will be friends?" Ginny asked, caressing her belly, while lying on the bed with Harry by her side and James asleep on his stomach. It was a cold Wednesday morning and they just wanted to stay in. Flory had brought them breakfast in bed earlier and so, the couple had not yet left the bed that day.

"They'll be brothers, so probably not very much." Harry joked, looking down adorably to his first born. "I bet James will make Albus' life hell."

"I hope we raise him to be better than that." Ginny said with serious tone. "But I think you’re right. Me and my brothers didn't get along all that well when we were kids."

The door bell rang and the couple exchanged a surprised look. Harry carefully placed James on the bed, next to Ginny, before he ran downstairs to open the door. 

"Hey there, Harry!" Luna greeted with a smile, standing in their front porch. 

"Good morning, Luna." Harry smiled, embarrassed he was standing there only wearing his pajamas trousers. "Come on in. What's up?" Harry stepped to the side to let his friend in. 

"I just thought to come visit my favorite preggers. How's lady Potter?" 

“You people love to call her that." Harry laughed. "She's upstairs. Follow me." Harry led Luna up the two set of stairs before they arrived to the upper floor where the master bedroom was located. Ginny smiled widely to the sight of one of her best friends. 

"I'm going to help Flory with lunch." Harry announced, scooping James from the bed and kissing Ginny on the head. "I'll be in the kitchen if anyone needs me." Harry climbed down the stairs and went to the kitchen where he saw Flory outside trying to clean the snow from the Quidditch pitch. He summoned James' playpen and placed him inside. "Flory!" He called out through the back door. "It's freezing out there. No need to do that, come back inside."

Flory apparated in front of Harry and they both went back inside. "Thank you, master. What Flory make for lunch?”

“Some chicken soup I guess. It’s cold and Ginny would appreciate the warming up.” Harry suggested and the little pink house elf went to her duties. He smiled at his excited elf and thought he should see how Bernard was doing at the office when his fireplace turned green and his partner appeared in his kitchen. “I guess we have reached the ‘intruding thorough the floo’ phase of the friendship!” Harry laughed as his friend cleaned the ashes off his robes.
“Very funny, Potter.” He smiled, handshaking his partner. 

“Sit down, Ben.” Harry pointed to the kitchen table and Ben took a seat while Harry grabbed James from the playpen before sitting down in front of him with the baby on his lap. “So, is everything ok at the Office?”

“Yeah, everybody misses you. Susan has asked you to tell her when Ginny goes into labour, Hewes has announced he’s engaged and…” 

“And?”

“And Colby, or should I say Hywards, is pregnant.” Ben told.

“What?” Harry screamed with the news. “Didn’t she just marry?”