Ten Years Later

The spring sun was shining bright in the blue sky. Hogwarts had always been beautiful that time of year. The green grass, the blue lake and the vast grounds filled with flowers. But despite the weather, May could never be properly appreciated by the students who were mostly staying inside, studying for the end of the year exams. The fifth and the seventh year students especially. But the second day of the month was an exception for everyone. 

The tenth year anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts was upon the Wizarding world. Ten years of peace (except for the Auror Office which always seemed to be on full alert). And Minister for Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt wouldn't want anything less than the biggest celebration the world had ever seen. Everyone had been invited for a day in Hogwarts, including the current students' families, as their classes had been cancelled for the whole day, instead of only the morning like it normally was.

The Golden Trio, as they still were called, was meant to give a speech on the ceremony at the Great Hall and then, the rest of the day would be spent at a big party with lots of beverage and food at the grounds. The annual D.A. meeting was cancelled as all the members would be at Hogwarts, together, once again. 

Harry stood next to Ron and behind Hermione who was now giving her speech to a very full Great Hall. He couldn't take his eyes off Ginny, sitting in the front row, holding baby Lily Luna on her arms, between James and Teddy (who had Albus on his lap). Susan was holding the one month old John on her arms while Seamus took care of their godson Hugo and Mr. Weasley kept Rosie on his lap. The little girl was more than happy and waving to her parents and godfather standing on the stage. She had no idea what was happening there and how she would have to carry the famous Weasley name through her life.

"And together we all vanquished evil and it is together that we can maintain the peace. Thank you." Hermione concluded being received by a large round of applause. She took a discrete ‘thank you’ bow before stepping backwards, back to Ron and Harry's side. 

A silence overtook the room as Harry took a step forward. He let himself have a moment to look at each and every one who were sitting right in front of him. Professor McGonagall seemed distracted by James on her side and despite trying to look serious, she seemed to be overjoyed with the boy. Let's see how long that endures, Harry thought as he did know it in his heart that James is too alike the two men he was named after. Neville beamed at Harry, with an arm around Hannah's shoulder while Alice slept on her arms. Harry easily spotted Hagrid standing on the back of the room, not-so discretely waving back at him with his joyful way and even Gawain Robards, the former Head Auror, was there, looking extremely satisfied with the Minister by his side.

"Good morning." Harry echoed through the silent Hall and he saw how Albus was quietly listening to whatever his father would say. "Eleven years ago, I was at this very same castle, worrying my way through sixth year and the eminent attack of one Lord Voldemort hanging on my head. I had just found the love of my life," Harry smiled to Ginny who had already a tear on her eyes due to Hermione's and, believe it or not, even Ron's speech. "and all I could think was if I would make it, if we could make it. After Professor Dumbledore's death, I admit my faith got a little shaken. The bright future I longed for, not only me and Ginny, but for all of us, seemed impossible to exist."

"At each day that Ron, Hermione and I didn't go anywhere, I could see the future wrecking in front of me. However, it all did work out, not only because of me, or the ones standing here with me, but because of most of us in this room. We never gave up, we came together as one. I could never thank you all for believing in me. I was overwhelmed when Neville took us in that May 1st evening and we found everyone still believing on our cause, despite our disappearance.”