Chapter 4

Leah

I hear the whistle blow by Larry (my step-dad), which means practice is over.

My mom meant Larry on one of those stupid dating websites. I'm actually not a big fan of them, I mean who knows who you could meet on them! But that's my mother so desperate she moves back to the U.K just for a guy that she meant on a website.

Know I realize why she didn't tell me where we were going. She thought it would be a surprise because of louis. But no louis is in high school now. Things have changed, we can't just be best friends again just by a snap of a finger, no. It's been 7 years I don't think we're the same people as we were 7 years ago. Although louis still plays footy like a pro. I couldn't help but watch him, trying to take in all his features and actions.

I got interrupted by Niall, I think?

"Hey Leah my cars right over here" he said as he pointed to his car in the schools parking lot.

Louis

"Even from behind she looks perfect" Harry said dreamly as we walked behind Leah.

"Would you shut it" I say.

"Jeez lou can't I express how I feel" Harry says.

"Yeah, just not to me" I say as I pat Harry's back.

As I'm walking I see something drop out of Leahs pocket. I stop walking.

"Uh you coming lou?" Harry looks at me confused.

"Yeah, you can go I'll be right there"

"Uh okay" he says as he walks to nialls car.

I quickly bend over and pick up whatever fell out of Leahs pocket. I look and see if anyone saw. I look down at the object and I see the neckless I gave her right before I left. I smiled at my self. She kept it, all these years.

"Lou!" Harry yelled.

I quickly put it in my pocket and ran to nialls car.

Leah

I followed right behind Niall as Harry and Louis followed behind me whispering things I couldn't quite hear.

Before we got to the car I heard Harry yell Louis's name. I didn't bother to look back and see why he was yelling.

"Okay so who's sitting where?" Niall says opening his car doors.

"I'll uh sit in the back of one of you too want to sit in the front" I say. I looked at Harry and Louis back and fourth until they made a decision.

"I'l- Louis tried speaking but quickly got interrupted.

"I'll sit in the back with you, if uh that's o-okay?" Harry said with a blush.

I smiled and nodded at him as I got in the car. I wonder what Louis was going to say. Would he of sat with me?

"Agh sorry for the mess" Niall said with a grown as he hopped in the drivers seat. "Don't be, Im used to it" I rolled my eyes thinking of Chris. Chris is Larry's son, and whenever my mom and Larry go on a date, Chris stays with me and pretty much sits on the couch and eats all day then leaves all his trash for me to pick up.

"Do you have a older brother or something" Harry asks.

"Well step brother, Chris? You probably know him." I say. Louis shifts in his seat when I say his name. Mhm wonder what that's about.

"Oh uh yeah" Niall says. Then the car goes silent.

Louis

I was going to sit beside Leah but before I could say anything I got interrupted by Harry. I was hoping i could maybe whisper to her while Niall and Harry talked. But nope of course Harry had to cut in.

Chris is her step brother oh my god.
Even his own father hates him. He has hated me ever since I "took" Eleanor away from him, even though I didn't, she wanted me not him. But he still hates me to this day for supposedly "taking his true love away" I don't believe crap from that guy.

"Leah do you live with coach?" Niall asked.

"Well no and yes. We don't live with him full time but tonight we're having dinner at his house. My house is actually um right across from Louis."

I shivered as she said my name. I could tell she was hesitant about saying it too.

"Wait how do you know where Louis lives?" Harry says as his eyebrows go up in confusion.

"I uh... She hesitated, trying to think of something fast.

"We meant this morning before school" I butted in looking straight ahead at the rode.

"Yeah" she sighed in relief.

"Why didn't you tell us this Louis?" Niall looked over at me with a glare and a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows.

I hope Leah nor Harry saw that, but I have a feeling they both did.

"Didn't think I had too" I sassed.

"Woah, woah lou don't get all sassy" Niall said with a smirk. I just rolled my eyes at his dumb behavior.

We pulled up to coaches drive way. Harry, being the gentlemen he is got out and opened the door for Leah. Suck up.

"Bye Leah" Harry blushed and smiled at her. "Bye Leah!" Niall yelled from the car.

He nudged me and muttered "say bye"
nodding his head at Leah.

"Uh bye Leah" I say with no emotion.

"Bye guys thanks for the ride!" She smiles at Niall and Harry and she even gives me a little smile. Showing her little dimple on her left cheek. That dimple always got me. Everytime she wanted something she'd flash the dimple, and she would always get what she wanted.

She shut the car door and walked to coaches front door. I saw Chris open the door, she looked back at us before Chris greeted her inside. I felt really uncomfortable leaving her with him alone. He couldn't be trusted.

"Hey lou what's wrong with you today I mean you only said about 3 things this whole car ride?" Niall asked as we pulled out of the driveway.

"Nothing I'm just really tired, didn't get much sleep last night because extra homework, that's all" I lied again.

"Is it her?" Harry asked. "Who?" I say giving him a look. "Leah?" He said, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah did you guys once have a thing or something?" Niall smirked.

"No guys I'm fine I told you I'm just over tired this has nothing to do with Leah. Can you just leave me alone and stay out of it!" I snapped.

"Sure geez" Niall says.

The rest of the car ride was absolute silence. Everything was just giving me a ginormous headache right now. I looked out the window resting my arm on the door and my head in my hand. When Niall asked if something happened between me and Leah I snapped. I don't even know what's wrong with me or why I'm so stressed. Leah being here has changed everything.

-Boring Chapter sorry:/ but i decided to update cuz i got bored anywayyyyys Dylan O' Brien is is Chris, Leahs "brother" not stepbrother or real brother but to make it easier im just going to call him her stepbrother even though hes really not. i know im confusing sorry! but thanks for reading(: