Chapter 26

Louis
- 1 month later -

Summer was finally here, football was over and I could finally relax the only thing is that Harry and I were still not on speaking terms.

On the other hand me and Leah were getting much closer, which I couldn't complain about. She also gained her memories back, even after her second blackout, which she still had to get checkups for, I swear she's accident prone.

But every time I was with her I felt like I was doing something wrong and I know she felt the same way.

I've texted him, gone to his house, and even tried climbing in his bedroom window, but I still couldn't reach him.

Leah would try texting and calling him too but no answer. I understood fully why he was being like this, hell, I would act the same way if I was him. I'm a fuck up of a friend, and even though I knew how much he liked Leah, I still intervened in their relationship.

He hasn't been near me since the incident at Liam's house that night, I've seen him around school but he never looks at me.

This was by far the hardest decisions of my life, I felt like I had to choose between the love of my life and my best friend in the whole world.

I didn't know what to do. All I knew is I don't want to lose either of them. I just hoped one day Harry would understand, and I'll wait as long as he wants, but I do love him like a brother, and would do anything to have our friendship back.

Harry

I was no longer angry, just hurt. Hurt that they kept it from me all this time. They made me feel like such an idiot.

Even the boys could sense it, I was so oblivious.

God I feel so dumb. The boys were helping me with the whole "breakup" even Zayn called to check in on me from time to time.

I really did like Leah. A lot. But what I was most sad about was that she lied right to my face. Yes I would of been upset, but I would of understood if she had just told me from the beginning. I think I knew all along they loved each other, I just didn't want to admit to myself.

I know I had to hash things out with Lou, he's my best friend, and I don't want to lose our friendship over a girl. I just needed be away from both of them for now.

Leah was something else, but I know in my heart she doesn't belong with me, she belongs with Louis. It hurt me to say but they truly are meant to be together. Everyone can see that.

As I was laying in bed there was a knock on my door. I hoped it wasn't louis again, I looked out my window, and it wasn't any of the boys, it was Leah.

I started walking to my room, ignoring her knocks but she spoke up.

"Please Harry...I know your in there" she said with desperation.

I hesitated at first, but I could sense the sadness in her voice and I couldn't help but pity her.

I slowly walked to the door and opened it. She was just about to walk away and turned and looked at me.

"Hi" she said.

"Hi" my eyes slowly meant hers.

"Can we talk?" Her eyes gave me a pleading look.

I motioned for her to come in and shut the door behind her. We sat on my couch. It was silent at first and very awkward. Neither of us knew where to start.

"Harry I'm so sorry, I ruined everything I-

"Leah it's fine, you did not" I stopped her from finishing. I didn't like how she lied but she didn't ruin anything.