Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Friday came in a blink of an eye and my date was waiting below my house 20 minutes before the actual meeting time. I chuckled at his flustered pacing side to side in front of my house fence, occasionally reaching for the doorbell and then yanking his hand away just a millimetre before he actually touched it. I stretched on my black stockings that came all the way up my hips. I made sure to be extra careful when pulling it on, trying not to cause a rip because those things were as fragile as plastic wraps.

I never wore stockings before, but it was a date, and rather, I have never been on a date, so might as well dress to fit in the social standards of dates. Pulling up my short blood-red skirt, I tied a small golden chain onto my neck, the golden apple pendant glittered on my collarbone, contrasting perfectly with my white fuzzy sweater that sipped off of my shoulders.

The overall look was clean and seductive but also innocent. Walking towards my front door, I pulled on thick high heel boots and clomped them around the tiled front door before calling out a goodbye to my brother who was upstairs. I opened the door to reveal a wide-eyed Kyotani who was just about the knock on the front door.

"Wow-Sayu, you look-"

I giggled as his mouth gaped open and close before coughing away furiously to the side.

"Thank you, you look dashing too," I said, not exactly looking at what he was wearing. His oversized jacket covered most of his average build along with his neatly brushed hair that reflected the sun because of the overuse of gel. His eyes lowered to the ground bashfully, shifting on both of his feet.

"Let's go?" I nodded towards the direction of the gate before Kyotani beamed stiffly, guiding me towards the school.

"So Kyotani," I started as we walked past the countless stalls, the merry mood in the air as noises of chatterings and laughs filled my ears along with the scent of cooked food. Grilled squid to be exact. Actually, the air was filled with all sorts of smells, the sizzling smoked bacon along with the fresh green onions on top of the takoyaki just rows down from the stand we were standing in line for.

The crepe stand blew off fresh vanilla and a chocolaty whiff as I sniffed it, gulping down the drool that was going to appear any time soon if I didn't get my hands on one.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked, trying to take my mind off of the smell of scandalizing bananas.

"Oh no, I'm the only child." Kyotani shifted his weight onto one leg before stepping forwards as the line moved. "That's why I'm a bit jealous of your brother."

"My brother?" I tiled my head at his response. "Why him?"

"Well, he's smart and handsome, not to mention...he has a sister like you." He shook his shoulders before glancing at me with shifty eyes full of nervousness.

Well, yeah, and this sister is going to backstab him with a Death Note.

"Don't even talk about how smart he is." I frowned, grumbling as Kyotani's eyebrows raised up. "You don't even know how stuck up he is."

"He's stuck up?" Kyotani scratched his head. "But I heard he was the role model for students?"

"Oh, you don't know," I smirked before walking forwards again. "He has a goddamn God complex."

"Isn't that normal though? I mean, if I could, I would want to rule over the world too." Kyotani shrugged as he followed me, sniffing the air.

Oh yeah, but I doubt you'll do something like saving the world from criminals and turning completely brain dead when his rival disappears.