Chapter 64

Chapter 64

"Felix," I greeted the blond-haired man as he stepped into the room, giving me a quiet nod before I handed him the list of names and faces of the members in the NPA. He took them, instantly beaming a bright smile at me before handing the information to his bodyguard.

"You've worked surprisingly fast," he motioned the guards to place the teacups that were prepared beforehand in front of us as I gave a flippant smile, only thanking him briefly for his compliment.

"The NPA should be in your grasp now," I said before taking a sip of the rose tea. Just a few days ago, I had Mello take a walk to the NPA, glancing once at the name of 'Kotoro' at the front desk before writing his orders to follow my instructions. Afterwards, I went into the building and asked Kotoro, who was very happy to see me in such a while, for all the files of the members in the NPA.

While he was preparing the sheets, we talked about my degrees and how much he would like me to join the interrogation team since they were now hiring. I agreed, stating that I would definitely be there after a couple of months since I was taking a break from bingeing 2 whole entire degrees in the span of 4 years.

After leaving the building, I hastily ordered Mello to write the names in the Death Note, cause of death being the original lifespan where they had to follow all requests of Felix and Sayu Yagami.

"Here's the information you wanted," Felix passed me a thin file as I opened it, eyes flashing across the information of Roger Ruvie.

"You're planning to move soon, right?" Felix's eyes trailed onto my face before pausing ever so slightly. "His ending is near and ours is just beginning."

I replied instantly, leaving with a sly smile before waving goodbye to him as I left Henrik's mansion that was now passed onto Felix. I rode a taxi after walking away from the mansion and headed over to the hotel that I reserved for Mello. As expected, Mello was quietly working on the names of the influential people in Asia from the news broadcasts that were flashing on the screen.

"You're back," Sidoh flapped his wings as he skippered towards me with a bar of chocolate in his hands. "You're moving fast for someone who was so hesitant in the beginning."

I closed the door to his hotel room, plopped onto the couch before heaving a long sigh.

"There really is no reason for me to wait anymore," I crossed my legs before leaning back into the couch. Mello beside me ignored my presence with silence, having become much more obedient from the beginning when he tried defying my orders.

"I'm not the type to procrastinate and suffer with my decisions."

"My Death Note will be returned soon then," Sidoh chirped back at my words before munching on his chocolate. "I will miss the taste of chocolate though."

"I'll pack you a box of chocolate bars when you leave," winking, I gave him a small smile as Sidoh's face brightened from my offer, nodding vigorously as I turned back to Mello with a slight frown.

"Miheal, you are to write the name Roger Ruvie onto the Death Note with the cause of death being his original lifespan and that he will listen to all orders of Sayu Yagami," I continued.

"Write that he will take a picture of Near discreetly and send it through email to this email," I wrote down my email on a plain sheet of paper before adding on. "He will delete all information from coming in contact with this email later."

Mello's eyes hallowed instantly after realizing what I was doing, finally breaking mentally when I saw the light in his eyes had fully disappeared. He was nothing more than a doll of mine now. I had given him the dream and image of his mother abandoning him. The only hope he had was to get out of my grasp and take revenge on me. But during the past couple of weeks of trying when I was not by his side, he probably understood that there was no way out.