Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"Ah, so he's dead." Henrik rubbed his chin where a newly formed scar was put on display in red.

"Yes, it should be about a few years later when Near appears," I nodded as a bodyguard poured me some more tea, smiling kindly as I asked for some macaroons that they had imported from France.

Henrik was successfully expanding his trade all the way across the world. Well, with the help of that French businessman I met at the party, everything was easy.

"How are the names that I told you to get going on?" I asked before inhaling the mint tea that smelt like toothpaste but more mild and sweet under my nose.

"The good thing is that I successfully passed a worker to get Bill Gates's signature. As for the other two, we are still tracking them down because they have not yet made such a big influence on the technology industry." Henrik explained.

"Vous avez très bien fait, papa." I complimented his work as he grinned proudly. "But remember, since Light has taken over the world for a couple of years, we must not use the Death Note unless necessary."

He grimaced a bit before rolling his shoulders with a sigh.

"I wait until the day when we take reign over the world."

I lifted my cup above my eye with a sly smile.

"That day will come, papa. That day will come."

And so, began my after-school classes in which Henrik assigned me to learn.

First was basic defence, although I pushed hard to learn the gun, Henrik said that once things settle down with his side, he would assign Felix to teach me. To that, I accepted with a heavy 'yes' before bouncing off to my taekwondo lesson.

Needless to say, my muscles were growing a bit leaner after every session. I felt more powerful even. I remembered the first day of classes when the tutor asked me to do a push-up, in which I tried, but failed. And then he told me to try a girl push-up, in which I tried...but collapsed halfway.

I was seriously weak.

But what was good, was that my perseverance had increased. Even if L had tried to torture me again, I would last a total of 10 days instead of 5. Dancing had totally paid off on finding the rhythm that opponents attacked in.

Dancing had also brought out my confidence and curves.

I knew which side was the best side to make a man drool.

"Hah!" I huffed as I punched the sandbag, bending down and raising my leg before I thwarted my foot at the top of the bag, spinning around to connect another fist and jumping backwards to give myself some space. Sweat rolled down my neck before I launched myself again at the bag, punching sideways twice and connecting an upper-cut which totally would have broken my fist if it wasn't for the gloves.

Geez, Henrik was really grooming me to become the perfect wife for a mafia successor.

"Hiyah!" I screamed again while jumping up and doing a double kick, practicing the basics of the martial arts before pulling both of my fists back to my sides, breathing heavily and turning around to bow 90 degrees towards my teacher.

"Thank you very much, teacher!" I hollered out just like I was taught before the teacher nodded with satisfaction, dismissing me.

"When you seduce a man, play with their eyes! Show them that they are attractive, and that you find them appealing." My other tutor wrote on the board as I copied it down on my notes like the perfect student I was. It was extremely awkward how much I was already using some of the tips in that bar before, mainly copying whatever I saw from movies.