Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"So tell me, Isame," I scrunched up my face as we boarded the plane. Isame was carrying a small backpack on her shoulders as she took a seat beside me, grinning innocently at my irritation.

"Why were you so persistent on tagging along?"

The four days had passed in a blink. Even more so because Henrik had prioritized saving the Black Dragons before any of his work. The reason wasn't that he was attached, no, but because the Black Dragons needed a leader. The group wasn't exterminated. In fact, it swelled in number even more than Henrik's group.

100,600 people.

That was what the Black Dragons had.

And the number was still growing until this recent incident.

I remember Henrik chuckling at the numbers with a certain gleam in his eyes before shouting at how marvellously powerful he would become if I had been married into the group. Yes, at that point, they might as well finalize my engagement ring and wedding.

Apparently, when I was captive in L's HQs, Anthony's mother had proposed accepting me as her daughter-in-law with a much-pleased tone. Though it had not been confirmed since Anthony and I never had the chance to talk our feelings out, it was basically already made with a contract. Not to mention that the boy apparently had feelings for me.

"Well because you may need an extra helper!" Isame giggled before sliding open her window flap on her side of the seat. Rolling my eyes at her, I stared at the backpack that she held closely within her grasp.

"You brought the paper in there, didn't you?"

Isame nodded at my question before I paused and sniffed the air that was filled with cleaning alcohol. It did not smell pleasant at all, just like the hospital. Well, it wasn't that I hated hospitals, I just hated the smell.

"You do know that you're going to be risking your life with me, do you?" I questioned again before turning to my left where a guard in a black suit and black sunglasses sat.

"How many people do we have?"

"160 that boarded the plane, miss." The guy with the black sunglasses nodded firmly as I swallowed the number.

"I know this is risky," Isame simpered out a bit before unzipping her backpack to dig out a pen. "But you may need an extra helper."

"While I do appreciate the gesture," I sighed before rubbing my tired eyes. We had left Japan at exactly 5:00 am, and that was not one of the most crucial things on my mind right now.

I had only left a note for Light telling him that I was going to be gone for 2 weeks. I knew that he would never allow it if I suddenly brought up a trip to Singapore. Most likely, I would have to go through tons of scolding and his hidden words before he even allowed me to leave.

Heck, I wasn't even sure even if I went through all of that, I would still be allowed to go. I couldn't make up an excuse that my University classes had planned the trip since he was in most of my classes. The fact that he could simply reach out to the professors and clarify why the hell I was going outside of the country, defined any chances that I could use school as an excuse.

So that only left one option: run before he catches you.

In the case that everything does go wrong and that I haven't come back in two weeks... Well, then I could only accept his advice of placing a GPS on my phone. It wasn't that bothersome, but with Light knowing my location at all times, I would not be able to make my own moves underneath.