Chapter 50

Chapter 50

It was true that my outburst was fabled, but I had not expected that I would be so...emotionally attached to it. Yes, it was all set up, but each and every word was directed from both Sayu and me. I was disappointed by the treatment that Sayu had, despite her life being so much better than mine.

My parents had hurt me mentally and physically when Sayu's had only known less love for her. We were both children that lacked love and I was changing that through murder. I sighed before grabbing out my phone from my pocket and tossing it onto the bed.

Goodbye, Light's creepy GPS.

No matter if Soichiro allowed it or not, I was going to America. The scene that I created had basically guaranteed my exit in the runaway form for guilt-tripping. I huffed before whipping my moist eyes and went to the closet to gather my clothes. Honestly, I did not need to pack, but just for the sake of appearances, I had to at least pack my daily necessities.

Sniffing once again, I zipped my purple suitcase and clicked the push-in button to pull out the long handle of the rectangular barhandle. Wearing my newly bought boot heels, I walked to the door and pulled it open. Light and dad were still discussing my acceptance to Harvard as they saw me.

Dad's eyes were in his hands before lifting up his face to reveal their damp and deflated state. Light's eyes widened when he saw my suitcase and called out to me as I directly paced to the door like I was near some kind of plague.

"Sayu-"

"I'm leaving today," I took a deep breath as I heard dad jerk up from the couch before trying to protest. I shook my head and shut him down before turning to him and giving a wry smile.

"Maybe this trip will calm me down, dad."

With that, I left our house.

My gaze directed outside of the plane as I glanced around the economy class seats. Normally I would have taken Henrik's private jet, yet just in case Light could track my flight ticket, I took the economy class just to make sure. The seat I was in was near the window, a white cloth had covered the top of the seat as my legs tried to stretch out. The smell of rubber and plastic-filled my senses along with the start of the instructions coming from the flight attendants.

It was fresh since this was the first time that I was listening to directions despite travelling a lot on Henrik's private jet. Or should I just call it my own jet? Henrik had three jets in total, while he did not specify that he gave one to me, I was able to use it to my beck and call.

I smiled softly as the plane started to take off, lifting from the ground as the woman beside me gripped her armrest in fear. It was probably the first time that she was taking a plane. I didn't blame her though. In this day and age, not many people had the luxury of travelling so much, especially with the expenses that Japanese people use.

A lunchbox at a convenience store was practically your half day's salary.

I should definitely buy my own jet plane in the future. I leaned back my head before calculating the things that Henrik had told me to finish in America. Of course, I had all the time to study, but I also had to make it in time for Near's appearance.

I had remembered from some youtube video that Light had ruled the world for four continuous years, in which last year was L's death. It was currently 2005, so around 2009, the events should start. I sighed before thinking of the companies that I could buy that would become an icon in the future.

For fashion brands, I already had some in mind. Originally I wanted to take over Victoria's Secret but that brand was currently bustling with its assets. No, that company was too high for me to reach. I had a few options: Forever 21, which I had to sell before it hit 2020, and some other nameless brands that would make it big in the future.