0.6

All weekend I have been smiling like a teenage girl after her first kiss. Nothing has ruined it not even when my favourite tv show wasn't on and I felt like crying but the smile saved me.

Even the elevator music is happy. Maybe it's good that I'm smiling it means when I'm lying to Calum's parents they will believe me. I'm really bad at lying whoops

Speaking of Calum's parents I am currently waiting for them. They should me here any moment now. I wonder if they have changed since I last saw them. If his mum is still as beautiful and sweet and if is dad is still the kindest. Calum had mentioned that his sister will be joining later on in the week and I may have squealed when he left. Mali-koa was like a sister and a best friend in one. We were best friends before I started working here but lost contact after what happened to Calum and I.

At the corner of my eye I see the beautiful yet expensive car which Calum drives come into view. I fixed my shirt and skirt making sure there were no wrinkles to be seen. I move more forward so they can see me.

I stand awkwardly waiting for the Hood family to get out of the car not knowing if I should open the door or stay were I am. Lucky they got out so I didn't have to think about it anymore.

Both Mr and Mrs Hoods eyes go straight to me and big grins form on their faces. They walk over to me both getting me the tightest hug ever.

"Peyton, we have missed you" they both say whispering into my ear.

The untangle their arms from me after a long time. I've missed them.

"Miss Peyton you are beautiful" Mrs hood says causing me to blush.

"Thank you Mrs Hood"

"Mrs Hood? Why are you calling me that sweety. You know you can call me Joy and remember to call him David makes him feel old when people call him Mr Hood." She says so sweetly

We make our way inside. David and Calum walk before us leaving me and Joy to have a mini catch up.

"So Peyton how has Calum been treating you? When I call him he seems to try and change the topic so quickly." Joy asks just as we get off the elevator

I can feel a lump begin to form in my throat, this may be harder than I thought.

"H-he has b-been treating me good. He is amazing. And for him changing the subject ill have to ask him about that." Trying my best to make her believe me.

Luckily she did. Thank you Jesus

"Calum's birthday is coming up soon and since it will be his 26th we are thinking of having a surprise party and we are going to need your help. Since you know him the best" she says just as the two men join us again

Truth is I don't know who he is no more.

*

I sort of feel uncomfortable not by Calum's parents but by where we are eating. Like why does it have to be so damn fancy. It's like everyone is looking at me. I just really want a cheese burger right now.

We have placed our orders, me getting a little help by Joy.

"Calum?" David calls

No answer

"Calum?!"

Finally he stops being ignorant and looks up from his phone.

"Yes?"

"As I was saying. Mr Andrews would like to partner up with us, as the co-manager of our new project. His wife will be flying in in three weeks to get everything he needs. The papers he needs to sign and the list of things he needs to know. You will show her around the houses that are on offer close to the new building. Understand son?" Saying the last one more understandable to make sure Calum was listening