Chapter 2

Simon's P.O.V

"Now, you heard what they requested. Now get what they requested!" He says irritated and somewhat angry.

These employees can be frustrating sometimes.

He sees me and waves me closer.

"Bye." He says and hangs up.

"Come, bro. Sit. How's your day been so far?" He asks me.

I walk closer and sit down in front of him.

"Well, it's been good... It's been good and yours?" I ask him.

He shrugs and leans back into his chair and sighs, "You know. Same shit, it's just a different day." He says to me.

"What was that phone call about?" I ask him.

"Some employee managed to switch up one of our regular orders with one of our newer ones and I had to sit through an angry phone call for longer than an hour because he fucked the order up." He says sitting back up.

I sigh, "Sometimes they need to be more careful. He loses commission on his own salary if he fucks that up." I say to him.

He nods, "I know. That's what I told him in that call. He said he's gonna fix it." He says to me.

"That's good, at least." I say to him.

"Yes, always but enough of that now. I heard you were out on a family emergency. Is everything okay?" He asks me concerned and I shake my head.

"Well, funny story actually. That's what I wanted to come talk to you about." I say to him.

"What's up, bro?" He asks me.

"My sister broke up with Ethan again. Apparently it's the final time this time. She had bags with her and everything." I say to him.

"Thank God, she finally left that idiot. That's what you wanted right?" He asks me with a sense of relief in his voice.

"Yes, it's what everyone wanted but now she needs a place to stay." I say to him.

"And? Doesn't she have like a friend or something she can stay with?" He asks me.

I shake my head, "I already asked. Her best and only friend, Quinn just moved in with her fiancé and she doesn't want to impose. And she can't move back home because it's too far away from campus." I say to him and sigh with frustration.

"So, she basically said I'm her only option." I say scratching the back of my head.

"Otherwise she's gonna have to go live in one of the open dorm rooms on campus." I say to him.

"And what's wrong with that?" He asks leaning forward onto his desk.

"Because essentially she'll be living on her own so Ethan will have access to her whenever he sees fit and I know that's not safe for her." I say to him.

"Why? I don't really know this Ethan guy. You never talked about him. Do you really think he is capable of endangering Alana's safety?" He asks me.

"From what I saw today and how he behaved, yes I do. From the looks of it he likes to get physical when they fight." I say to him.

"So, why isn't she with you to help convince me?" He asks me.

"Well, she doesn't know that you are my roommate in particular." I say to him.

"And why not?" He asks me with a smirk on his face.

"You know why!" I say to him aggravated.

He lets out a chuckle.