Chapter 3

After that phone call with Quinn, we ate and went to bed.

Not much interesting happened, but for some odd reason, I am awake and thirsty.

I look at the time, and it's just passed two in the morning.

I sigh and get up.

I take a glance in the mirror as I walk past it.

My pajamas are more made for my eyes only.

What I mean by that is that I'm wearing this old worn-out tank top.

Ethan used to like it when I wore it because when I got cold or horny he could see my nipples through my shirt.

But I doubt anyone is awake.

My shorts aren't helping because they like to ride up and show my butt when I walk.

I only wear this for sleeping purposes.

No one sees it but me, but I'm not going to put on a sweater just because someone might be awake.

I'm just going to get some water and come back to bed.

I open my door and head straight for the kitchen.

I enter the kitchen, and I'm in shock as I see Elijah sitting there typing on his laptop.

What are the odds?

He looks so sexy with his ruffled hair, and those glasses make him look even better.

I bite my lip as I let out a sigh to try and compose myself.

"Oh, what you doing up so late?" I ask him as I walk to grab a glass.

"Oh, hey Alana. I'm just finishing up some work and some tea before I head to bed." He says sighing.

I stand on my toes to grab a glass and turn back to him, "You always stay up this late?" I ask him as I walk over to the sink.

"Yeah, most nights. I don't like putting off work." He says, and I nod as I fill my glass up.

"Maybe some nights you should. It feels great to get some sleep now and then." I say as I take a sip of my water.

"Maybe I should, I don't know, but staying up all night is what got me here in the first place." He says to me with a smirk.

"I get that, but come on, it's two in the morning." I say, taking another sip.

He takes a sip of his tea, "And by the looks of it, you look like you could use some sleep." I say to him.

He lets out a chuckle, "You're probably right, but I'm just about done in any way." He says, and I nod as I take the last sip of my water.

I put my glass in the sink.

"Well, enjoy that. I'm going back to bed." I say to him.

"Alana, wait, I wanted to ask you something." He says to me, and I stop and turn to him.

Man! This tile floor is cold.

"Sure, what's up?" I ask him.

"I wanted to know if you are happy with the room. You can decorate it however way you want to, if it makes you feel more at home. If you want to, that is." He says, sounding nervous.

"Oh, the room is amazing. Thank you, I really appreciate your hospitality. I really owe you one." I say to him.

He shakes his head as he lets out a nervous chuckle, "No, you don't. I'm doing this because I'd rather you be safe." He says to me.