Chapter 11

I'm eating lunch with Quinn and as I look at my phone, I realize I never answered Joey.

Not that I'm really that into him.

I just don't know what to do beyond this point.

"Shit." I exclaim as I realize.

"What?" Quinn asks me.

"I never answered Joey's text after last night's commotion." I tell Quinn.

"Does it really bother you that much?" She asks me with a smirk on her face.

"I just don't want another guy on my case, you know?" I tell her.

"I understand but both you and I know you're only doing this for me." She says and I sigh.

"Is it really that obvious?" I ask her.

She lets out a laugh, "Let's just say we both know who you really want." She says playfully shoving me.

I can't help but smile at the thought of Elijah.

"No, it can't be. If Simon finds out I'm screwed." I tell her seriously.

"Look just tell him you're not interested. I'm sure he'll be fine." She says to me.

"No, I have to make it look like I'm moving on. I can't let Simon suspect anything." I tell her.

"You have to stop worrying about Simon's feelings. Worry about your own, babe. You come first remember that." She says and I nod in agreement.

"You're right. I'm just going to keep to myself. I'll move on on my own time." I tell her.

"You mean when you can finally date Elijah." She says with a smirk on her face.

I shake my head blushing.

She looks up and her face drops.

"I'll leave you to it." She says and stands up.

I frown, "Leave me to what?" I ask her as she walks off.

I turn and see Joey standing close by.

He walks closer and sits next to me.

"How much of that did you hear?" I ask him embarrassed.

"Enough to hear that I don't really have a chance with you against that Elijah guy." He says and I sigh.

"Shit." I exclaim.

"Look I'm sorry... it's a long story." I say to him.

"It always is... but can I make a suggestion?" He asks me.

He doesn't sound angry whatsoever, which is strange. I'm not use to that.

"Sure, go ahead." I say with a faint smile on my face.

"I take you out. Just once and if you still feel the same way afterwards, I'll completely understand." He says to me.

"Are you sure about that?" I ask him.

"I like to think I'm a reasonable person." He says to me with a smile.

"So where do you want to go then?" I ask him.

"So, you actually want to go on a date with me?" He asks me sounding surprised.

I let out a little laugh, "Don't act so surprised." I tell him.

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't actually expecting you to say yes." He says somewhat relieved.

"Well, I did." I tell him.