CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30
Merciless Eyes

"Vira?" It wasn't clear, someone tap my face to wake up. But rather to see him, I imagine someone else. Its voices haunting me... it's calling me. Breaking me... they're all in anguish.

"T-Takbo... tumakbo kayo! 'Wag niyong alalahanin ang Nanay... magiging maayos din siya—" with bare eyes, I saw her die infront of me, clothes in blood. The next morning, Gredorma was filled with Fierdon's ashes.

"Babalik agad ako!" I answered his assuring smile, my lovely Kuya.

"Nasa iisang mundo parin tayo... hindi magkakahiwalay. Nandito ang Kuya sa tabi mo..." The stars reflected how he loves me... my tear rolled down for it was a dying remark.

"Anak, tumakbo na tayo... puntahan na natin ang Kuya mo... magpahinga na tayo..." He died protecting me... the sword for me killed him, he could never cook for me again.

"Bakit ako?!" Apollo, I always see myself in him. Like we're drown into the Atlantic ocean... no escaping. Cold, pale and helpless.

"Please, live for me, Akeesha." Stella held her cheeks as she crossed this world with a smile. Chaos was all I can hear after the farewell.

"Ipagmalaki mo ako... sa mag-ina ko, huh?" The locket... Gino was fighting all along for the dream he oath to give to his daughter.

"Let me go home..." My tears stream down as I beg her cold body to come back to me. But she didn't... Gerrie flee.

The sun wave its goodbye to my skin, the timer struck. "In whatever you do, I hope you know your purpose."

The arrow tilted upward rather to those devils. I couldn't believe who the real enemy was. "Ang pader ang kalaban, Reigna."

"Mahal kita, sobra..." My knees touch the ground crying hard at his fading figure... no.

The fire exploded right infront of my eyes like fireworks for the dead. "Don't die, bare handed."

I woke up gasping for air. I curled up and prepared myself for a fight. But it was instantly absurb when an unfamiliar ache hit my head. It was painful that I yelled grabbing my hair to stop its beating inside of me. A man quickly first aid me out of the sudden. It injected an antidote that made the aching fade.

I chase after my breath and divert my eyes at the man. Professor Cervin, is now smiling. I pause after realizing what had happen. Last night—the torture. I couldn't hold the clamor. "What did you do to me?" I exclaimed chest clenching. "You told me it won't hurt!" I snatch the medical scissor and pointed at him. "I almost die! You lied!" He step back arms raise.

"Calm down and let me explain."

"How can I trust you when I was panting and barely breathing last night?! It was burning inside or me! It was a torture! Yet you did nothing to stop it!"

"I know, okay? I know I lied, but it was for the best!"

Best? Why is the best always the one that hurts?!

"You traitor..." I went off the bed, just to be surprise by the sudden weakness of my feet. I fell on the floor, noise once again cringe when I hit the tray of the equipments.

"I told you, listen, Vira, I know what I am doing."

I tried hard to stand on my own, he went to help me up but I pushed him away. "Bastard," I hissed.

"Okay. I am, and I will always be. But it's for the best. Without mistakes, correction won't be possible."

"You call yourself a professor?" I flinch and lips press together when I slip my hand at the bed. I entirely weak. Wala na akong pag-angal nang tulungan niya akong maka-upo. Dinama ko naman ang dibdib ko at naghanap ng kakalmahan sa palibot. Wala na akong oras para sa paghahanap ng gulo, tapos na eh. At... tinignan ko ang aking pulso nang madaming tumibok ito, pula ang marka ng kagat ng ahas saakin.