Leaving

Enjoy!

It was the middle of the night when the sound of the door knock startle Sonic up. He went to answer it and was surprise to see Shade and Chase who was crying as Shade held him like a luggage before handing him to Sonic.

"Shade? What's going on?"

He asked as he hold Chase on one arm and rub his eyes with the other.

"I'm leaving"

She stated simply causing Sonic to fully wake up.

"What?"

"Don't question it, I think it's best he stays with you, he will just get in my way"

"Shade can't we at least talk about this? I mean where are you going? How long are you going to be gone?"

"That is not your concern"

"You're the mother of my child"

"I don't care"

"So you're just going to abandon him?"

"He's with you isn't he?"

"Shade..."

"I have to run. Bye"

She said as she began to walk away but Sonic quickly ran up in front of her as he stop her from going any further.

"We need to talk"

"No"

She said as she was about to walk past him but Sonic held her arm.

"Why are you leaving?"

Shade didn't bother to answer as she quickly vanish in a flash. Sonic sadly looked around but didn't spot any sign of Shade and sadly headed back inside with his son.

*Next Day*

"Where's Shade?"

"She left"

Shadow answered with his arms crossed over his chest. Sonic sadly looked down to the ground as he watched Chase crawled around on the grass happily playing with the butterfly.

"Where did she go?"

He asked.

"She went to another island to visit a dear friend of mine. She said she needed time to think and needed some time away from the child as well as you"

"Me? What did I do to cause her to leave?"

"Probably you were smothering her telling her what to do and what not to do with the baby. You knew for a fact she didn't want the kid in the first place"

"This never would have happen if I wasn't such an idiot. I pushed her to the edge to break up with me and now this"

Sonic said as he let out a sigh.

"When will she be back?"

"That's entirely up to her"

"Ooh"

Sonic said sadly as he made his way to Chase and picked him.

"Okay then, I'll be off"

He said quietly.

"Wait"

Shadow said causing Sonic to freeze. Shadow made his way to Sonic and gently rub the top of Chase's head with a smirk causing his grandson to laugh.

"I will be coming to visit the kid every now and then"

"You're always welcome"

Sonic said as he left with his son in his arms.