Chapter 88

The blonde head turned. It was not Bayne. It was something much more repulsive. It was Romulus. The tongue he was inhaling belonged to Sirius.

"Your boyfriend is that way." Sirius drunkenly pointed to stairway.

"Okay, thanks."

Nadine and I sped away and bursted out laughing.

"Guess you'll have to wait to get that cake!"

"I can't believe it! Romulus despises Sirius! And isn't he with Jaxson?"

"Not officially, no. Jaxson doesn't want a relationship." I explained.

"But Sirius? Rom is going to hate himself in the morning."

"I'm sure he already does." I said.

It was late when the party ended. Almost everyone passed out. Including Romulus. Nadine and my father packed for their honeymoon.

"Where are you going?" I asked Nadine.

"A cute air bnb in the mountains for a couple days. Thought it would be better than being here for it." She said.

"Will you make sure Pax and Dante get home alright?" She asked.

"Of course."

We helped them load up the car. Sirius, Dakota, me, and Bayne stood with them outside. Bayne had just put their last suitcase in the car.

"If you need anything, call me. Do not hesitate to. Keep an eye on the younglings. And be on your best behavior. I'm looking at you, Sirius." Ulrich said.

"We got it, Ulrich. Don't worry." Bayne said.

"Yeah, you've been working hard. Take a load off." Dakota patted his shoulder.

"Literally." Sirius laughed at his own joke. It made me internally cringe.

Nadine and my father hugged me goodbye.

"Have fun. Be safe." I said.

"Be safe? She can't get knocked up again if she is already." Sirius said.

I couldn't believe Romulus had hooked up with this man only a few hours before.

They left late that rainy night. Bayne and I went up to bed and passed out. The next day was spent cleaning up, which I had offered to do. Romulus came down, his hand on his head.

"Good morning." I smiled at him.

He groaned.

"Morning."

"How was last night?"

"Fine. Just fine."

"It was fine? What did you do?" I played coy.

"Nothing. Just had some drinks. Nothing exciting."

"Oh, really?" I asked, sipping a cup of tea.

He began to brew a pot of coffee.

"You know, don't you?" He said.

"I don't even just know. I witnessed it."

I watched Romulus cringe. He lowered his head.

"I am so disgusted with myself. I can't believe this." I had never seen Romulus experience shame before. He was always reasonable and level headed.

"I don't understand. I thought you liked Jaxson?"

"I do! I don't know why I did what I did. I was drunk and missed Jaxson. And for some reason, my dumb drunk mind chose Sirius. Sirius of all people! I can't stand him! He's so gross with his immature comments."