Chapter 6 - Yule Ball

Regulus' go-to answer should not be 'yes'- especially when he didn't hear the question.

Now he was sucked into a date with Annalise Carter, despite his better judgement.

"You look great, Regulus." Claudette said as she exited the bathroom putting in her sparkly, opal earrings.

Regulus buttoned up the last pearl shaped button of his cream blouse, tying it at the bottom.

A flowy, ruffled cape-like part of the blouse hung over his pale shoulders.

He wore tight black pants and dress shoes- stepping slightly out of the box when it came to his dance attire.

Claudette had applied the slightest amount of copper eyeshadow under his eyes, making the grey pop.

He ran his finger through his curls, in attempt to control them as he looked into the mirror- Claudette joining beside him.

"You think?" Regulus questioned.

She wore a long, baby blue dress that had tulle ruffled layers. At the chest was a white lace swirl design that coordinated with the same design at the sleeves.

The top dipped low- in a V shape showcasing her silver necklace with some type of bird, that Regulus couldn't determine.

She wore a soft brown eyeshadow and her lips were a glossy dark pink.

"Please, people wish they were half as pretty as you." Claudette jeered as she popped her lips together to spread her lip gloss.

A knock on the doorframe caught the attention of the pair.

"Evening ladies." Ivan greeted with a teasing smile.

He wore a brownish red velvet suit, over a cream button up with dark brow dress shoes. His long messy hair was pushed behind his ears.

"Did ya tell James the about Bethany?" Ivan questioned, joining the duo by the full-body mirror.

Regulus rolled his eyes, "You know that's not her name."

"You avoided the question." Ivan jeered with a smirk.

"Of course I didn't tell James", Regulus huffed still taming his hair, "James is many things- and one of those is extremely possessive."

"So Regulus' genius idea is to just spring it on him." Claudette teased with a laugh.

"That'll work out well", Ivan jeered as he turned, grabbing Claudette's hand and pressing a kiss to her knuckles, "You look lovely."

She smiled at him, blushing- at least Regulus thought she did, but he couldn't tell if she was actually blushing or it was just the makeup.

"Obviously neither of you have had hot jealousy sex." Regulus chuckled, Claudette joining in as Ivan grimaced.

"Great, you'll be eye-fucking the entire Champion's dinner." Ivan groaned.

"Can you finish bickering so we can actually attend the Ball?" Claudette quipped as she moved her dark hair- tightly curled at the ends- in front of her shoulders.