Chapter 13

Wednesday, November 17th, 2020.

She was already half-way drunk when she spotted him sitting on his own in the corner of the bar, watching her. Cristina had left her alone to go to the toilet, so she climbed off the stool she sat on and made her way over to where he sat in the corner booth, nursing his whiskey.

"Dr Shepherd," she greeted him with a half smirk, sitting a little too close beside him in the booth, if anyone were to be watching them.

"Dr Grey," he returned with an amused smirk, "How can I help you?"

"Sex with you was amazing," she said bluntly, partly due to the tequila running through her system, "I've not had sex like that for years."

"Meredith..." he murmured her name softly as his hand dropped to rest on her thigh, "I feel the same way."

"I have to know a few things," her breath hitched slightly as his fingertips wandered further up the inside of her thigh, and she felt the muscles of her vagina twitch slightly.

"Mhm," he hummed softly, knowing exactly the effect he had on her.

"Why do you want this? You have a wife," she bit her lip to force back a soft moan as his fingers rubbed a little over the crotch of her jeans.

"She's never around, and she doesn't satisfy me, definitely not as near as much as you do," he explained simply, using his free hand to sip at his drink before he continued, "and you, Meredith, you're just... I have fantasised a lot about how it would be to be with you. The real thing doesn't come close to those fantasies."

"We need rules," she murmured softly, still distracted by his fingers against her jeans, "No sex at the hospital. We can... my house. A hotel. Or we can be less publicly adventurous," she said, moving her hand over his as she moved it out of her lap, "But not at the hospital, and not at the house you share with her. I don't have time for getting caught, or for any drama."

"Those are very reasonable rules," he said with a slight smirk, realising she was agreeing to doing this with him, "given who your mother and step-father are, it would be in my best interests for us to not get caught."

"Exactly," she agreed, having not even thought about that angle, "Now, I need another drink, if you don't mind."

"Can't I take you home now?" he asked before she could leave the booth, and she could see the slight darkening of his iris' as their eyes met, similar to the shade she had noticed earlier.

She hesitated a moment, knowing exactly what would end up happening if she went out to the car with him. She would have blamed it on the alcohol, or the way he had been touching her through her jeans moments before, but really, she just had a strong desire to feel him inside her again.

"Maybe you could drive me home," she said, biting her lower lip slightly.

"I'll meet you outside?" he suggested, gently squeezing her thigh again before finishing his drink.

She nodded as she slid out of the booth, heading over to the bar where Cristina had returned and grabbed her coat.

"I'm heading home," she told her, putting her arms through the sleeves as she spoke.

"Getting a cab? I'll join you," Cristina said, not thinking much of Meredith's statement as she went to stand up from the stool.

"Oh, erm, no," she gave Cristina a pointed look, hoping she could read the message in the widened expression of her eyes.

Cristina looked at her, puzzled a moment until she caught Derek in the booth still in the corner of her eye, who was watching Meredith intently, and then looked back at her friend with a knowing look.