Chapter 11

Sunday, April 11th, 2021, PM

She pulled up in her car at the Archfield that evening, turning off the engine before pulling out her phone to send a quick message to him.

I'm here. Which room?

She tapped her fingers against the steering wheel as she waited for his response, part of her not even sure why she'd even agreed to meet him again. She just couldn't keep herself away from him. She'd tried distractions, she'd tried ignoring him, avoiding him. She just couldn't keep away from him. She found herself yearning to be with him, even if it was just sex. The way he made her feel... it was indescribable.

Her phone chimed with an incoming message. She picked it up off her lap and read it as she climbed out of the car.

2319. See you soon.

She released a soft sigh as she locked up the car and headed inside the building. She rode the elevator up to the floor, narrowing her eyes slightly as the door opened and she saw him standing outside the room, leaning against the door.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she approached him, lowering the bag off her shoulder as he took it from her.

"Waiting for you," he said with a smile, giving her a short kiss before opening the door, letting her walk inside before he followed her, "I've run us a bath."

She pulled off her jacket as she walked into the room, setting it on the bed, eyeing him suspiciously.

"What for?"

What was he up to?

"I'm trying to do something nice for you here, a relaxing bath, order some room service," he slid his arms around her waist, pulling her gently to him with a soft kiss to her lips, "I think you deserve the world, Meredith. And I owe you a full explanation."

"An explanation of what?" she asked, looking up at him with her brow furrowed slightly in confusion.

"I'll explain everything soon. Come on, let's get in the bath before it goes cold," he told her as he started to unbutton her blouse, and she simply nodded in response as she helped with the removal of her blouse, stepping out of the heels she wore before removing her pants, left now just in her underwear.

"You are beautiful, you know. Exquisite," he murmured softly as he led her through to the bathroom that was probably bigger than her bedroom.

She felt a blush rise to her cheeks as she removed her underwear now, feeling a layer of perspiration on her skin from the heat of the steam that surrounded them. He held her hand as she stepped into the bath, not realising he had also stripped himself of the clothes he'd been wearing. He stepped in behind her and pulled her back against him as they lay in the water, his arms around her middle as he pressed soft kisses to her neck.

"I can't resist," he murmured softly against her skin, and she found herself involuntarily biting her lip at the sensation, "I have to though, for now, it's time for your explanation. About my marriage."

"Derek..." she started in a soft voice, turning her head to look at him but he just shook his own.

"No, it's okay, I have to do this. My marriage isn't... Megan, she leads a double life, you could say. She thinks I don't know, but I do. I've known for a very long time. But she doesn't know that I know. When she goes off on holidays... I know she isn't faithful. She hasn't been faithful for five years, and we've been married for seven," he took a breath and reached for the wash cloth, squeezing it in his hand as he wet it, and slowly caressing it over her skin as she listened to him speak, "When I first met you... it took everything I had to put off kissing you as long as I did, and once I'd had a taste of you, I couldn't let you go."