Chapter 19

Thursday 3rd June, 2021

Meredith had been having doubts. It was two weeks until her board exams and she felt entirely underprepared. Her mother's voice would often crop up in her mind when she was under this sort of pressure. Reminding her not get distracted, to focus. She loved Derek, she did, but she couldn't deny that he was a distraction.

He had tried to help with the studying, he really did, but they always ended up getting distracted. They were supposed to be coming back to her shared house with Cristina to study tonight, but it didn't seem to be going that way, at all. Not after they'd gotten caught in the rain and he'd kissed her until her knees were weak.

"Be quiet, Cristina went to bed," she whispered to him and he nodded, following her up the stairs, and she thought, in that moment, he might just follow her anywhere.

He followed her into her room, unbuttoning his damp shirt and tossing it onto her laundry pile as he watched, transfixed as she peeled off her shirt and shorts, leaving her in just her underwear. He stepped out of his jeans as he moved up behind her, his arms around her middle as he whispered close to her ear.

"So, the shower then? I can't promise we'll be quiet though."

She giggled softly and leant back against him as he started kissing her neck again, "Stop, shower and bed. I have lots of studying to do tomorrow."

"You know you've got the boards in the bag, Meredith, you have an amazing teacher," he grinned softly as she turned in his arms as his gaze strayed down to her now bare chest.

"Be that as it may, I have two weeks left of studying and you are definitely a distraction," she chastised, lifting her fingers under his chin to avert his gaze back up to hers.

"What are you trying to say?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as he moved his lips closer to hers, only to be left bereft when she pulled away from him and walked into the adjoining bathroom.

"Maybe we shouldn't have sex until after the boards," she grinned at him before disappearing into the bathroom, and he heard the shower turn on as he stood there in disbelief. Was she serious?

"Meredith," he unfroze and followed her into the bathroom, finding himself lost for words again as he found her already in the shower, and he became entranced with the way the water fell over her body as she faced away from him.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch me or are you going to join me?" she asked, her voice snapping him out of his momentary daydream.

He quickly removed his boxers and socks before joining her in the shower, his arms held her close against him, his bare torso pressed against her back, and he tilted his head forward to press soft kisses against her neck. At his touch, her lips parted slightly with a quiet moan, and suddenly she bit down on her bottom lip as his hand started to wander down her midsection, his fingertips brushing against her inner thigh. She tilted her head back against his shoulder and his lips moved to the curve of her collarbone, nipping and sucking at her soft skin. His hands moved up her torso to gently cup her breasts, his fingertips teasing against her sensitive nipples, eliciting another soft moan from Meredith.

"You are beautiful," he murmured softly against her skin as the steam from the hot water enveloped them. His lips moved to press a soft kiss to the side of her lips, and one hand slowly travelled down her stomach, brushing again against her inner thigh. As his fingertips teased her, Meredith's hand moved behind her, in between them, and gently gripped his hard length, causing him to groan softly.

In return, he slowly pushed his finger inside between her tight walls, feeling them wet and ready for him. Her legs parted slightly, and her toes curled at the sensation of his finger inside her, her walls clenching around him. Her hand began to move in slow motions, up and down his length and he groaned softly again at her firm grip around him.