Chapter 20

"For it is in your eyes
Alone
That I look for the day
And on your lips
Alone
That I look for the rain
I give you my island
My storms and my tide
If you let me moor
To your quiet waters
And hide under flowers."

-Emmanuelle Soni-Dessaigne

Yaman could not sleep. Every single sentence he had read in Seher's diary had been deeply imprinted on his soul ! Every single emotion she had given words to, was echoing inside his head. He could not get over the fact that Seher had endured so much hurt and suffering at his hands!

He turned in his bed, facing the other side. Seeing Seher's side empty, he placed a hand tentatively where she should have been, and missed her like a physical ache!! He wanted nothing more than to hug her at this moment.

After tossing and turning in the bed for another half an hour and thinking of Seher and torturing himself, he realised that he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

He eventually got up from the bed and decided to go for archery. He needed something to expend his energy and distract his thoughts; something that yielded extreme physical exhaustion.

---------

Seher felt happy and content today, for so many reasons !After playing with Yusuf in the afternoon and spending some wonderful quality time with him, Seher had made him eat and sleep for a while and then gone to buy a gift for Yaman!!

She had wanted to gift him something for a while now and when she saw this shirt, she couldn't resist buying it for him. It was a crisp white linen shirt with a beautiful blue tie to go with it. She always thought white made him look handsome and it also distinctly reflected his inner goodness, which he invariably tried to hide from the world at large.

She fondly hugged the shirt to her bosom, imagining that she was hugging her husband! There were days when she could hardly restrain herself and wanted to run to his bedroom and hug him tight. But she would feel shy and eventually stop herself. What would her husband think of her?! She may appear desperate for love and attention, like a lost puppy !! Also, she was so much in love with him that she was more nervous of her own reactions to him than of him.

After her shopping, she had gone to meet Nadire Anne. It had been a while and she had wanted to see her. She had missed her motherly counsel and her affectionate hugs so much! She smelled of how mothers smelt..warm and comforting!

She had been surprised when Nadire Anne had told her that Yaman had paid her a visit yesterday. She praised him no end and said," He really is a good man, my dear daughter. He loves you a lot."

---------

As soon as Seher came back and entered her room, she noticed a beautiful pink coloured box on her bedstand. Her curiosity was instantly piqued! She lifted the box and kept it on the bed. The moment she opened the box, she found a note on top which read,

To the only woman in my life, who showed me light
Whose every glance brings me tranquility and infinite delight
I will endeavour everyday now, to be your knight.

Yours forever,
-Yaman.

A dazzling, beaming smile lighted her entire countenance!! Her husband was becoming a poet!! Her heart was brimming with love for him. She was touched by his loving gesture and thoughtfulness. He was adorable!!

She was also struck by the beautiful coincidence that she too had decided to give him a gift today itself. Was this what people called soul connection??!

She peeped inside the box and gradually took out all the gifts one by one. She discovered that he had bought her favourite book of poetry and her favourite childhood romance novel. How did he know her choice?? Oh, so he must be in cahoots with Nadire Anne! That's why he had visited her! She could not resist a smile.