Chapter 28

"Between the shores of keen delights and pains;
In the embrace where madness melts in bliss,
And in the convulsive rapture of a kiss
Thus doth Love speak."

—Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Suddenly, Seher was struck by a nagging suspicion that somehow, her husband knew something about her conversation with Kiraz earlier. He had been looking at her with those mischievously twinkling eyes right since she had gone down to join everyone earlier for dinner.

Did he actually know about what she and Kiraz had been discussing?? No, it couldn't be! He had been downstairs with everyone! But what did that gleam in his eyes indicate then? Oh heavens, she was a veritable ball of nerves right now!!!

She was now caught between the devil and the deep sea! She could not and WOULD NOT divulge what she and Kiraz had been conversing about- it was too embarrassing!!! But knowing Yaman, he would keep prodding and persisting gently, until she came undone. Oh God, she was going to be acutely embarrassed it seemed!

Her face had turned a deep shade of crimson and she laughed nervously and responded, "Oh, we also discussed about Kiraz's shopping plans for her wedding. There is so much to do! We will have to start planning as soon as possible!"

Gazing hungrily at her,Yaman slowly raised the pad of his right thumb and gently touched it to Seher's lips. He started making erotically charged and sensual circular motions. His touch was feather light, as he gently outlined the shape of her lips with his thumb, touching them and feeling their softness beneath his fingertips. His hands then moved to her cheeks and gently cupping her face, he asked, "And??"

Seher was losing this battle of self-control and croaked, "And... that's it. N-nothing else."

And then, to cover up, she said, "Oh by the way, I was just browsing the recipe to cook dolma. Do you know how it is cooked?"

Seher was now feeling extremely shy under her loving husband's warm and openly admiring gaze. To hide her nervousness, she kept on blabbering and continued, "You know, the stuffing for dolma is made of rice, cooked ground beef, and a few chopped fresh herbs which are parsley, dill, and mint. Then, we rinse the rice and soak it in water for around twenty minutes and then drain it well. Also, when the rice is soaking, we can cook the meat in parallel. Then, we sauté finely chopped onions, add ...."

Before Seher could finish, Yaman grabbed her waist, pulled her tightly against the length of his body, and his mouth took fierce possession of her own!!

His mouth seemed to burn like liquid fire against hers! She could smell that spicy, woodsy, and very male scent of his which always drove her crazy. He smelt of old books, cedarwood and all things vintage.

His liquid brown eyes had turned dark with desire, and it beguiled and enticed her own femininity, as if eliciting the woman in her to respond to everything essentially male in him!

Her body willingly arched up against his, and she found herself leaning against his hard, solid frame for support. The kiss had started as soft and gentle but soon turned passionate in its intensity. Seher was dizzy with these unchartered yet very pleasant reactions in her body and her legs felt like water. Yaman’s tongue gently probed and searched her mouth, and it was oh so delicious and heady and heartachingly intimate!

Her lips were tingling where Yaman had been kissing and sucking her and her heart was hammering against her sternum!

His lips were a combination of honeyed whiskey and liquid velvet as they plundered and took possession of her mouth! Her breasts too felt tender and sensitive from the impact of being pressed against his hard chest. His kiss was wreaking havoc on her senses! He parted her trembling lips with his own and her nervous system seemed electrified! She was kissing him back with the same fervour and trying to match his intensity which spurred him and turned him on, even more! She heard him groan against her lips and knew Yaman too was finding it difficult to rein himself in! What a mind-numbing, earth-shattering kiss this was! It was full of love and longing and the promise of a lifetime!