Chapter 29

"The springtime of Lovers has come,
that this dust bowl may become a garden;
the proclamation of heaven has come,
that the bird of the soul may rise in flight.

The sea becomes full of pearls,
the salt marsh becomes sweet as kauthar,
the stone becomes a ruby from the mine,
the body becomes wholly soul."

-Rumi.

The next morning, Nedim came and collected the passports and documents for the visa.

Once he left, Yaman was about to depart for office too, but before that, he decided to stop by and greet his adorable nephew and his beautiful wife good morning.

He halted right outside Yusuf's room, fascinated by the sight that welcomed him! He found his impishly delightful nephew and his enchanting Seher sitting on the bed together, their heads joined in concentration and seriously coloring in a sketchbook. Yaman's heart swelled with warmth and affection, seeing his endearing family thus. He stealthily entered the room and asked them playfully, "Can I join you both?"

Two pairs of eyes turned towards him simultaneously...one animated and one bashful!

Seeing his favorite uncle, Yusuf was hardly able to control his excitement and bobbed his head vigorously, answering, "Evet, evet amca!!! Come and join us, please!!!"

Yaman eagerly sat down on the bed next to them. He was amused to notice that they both had color on their faces and were gloriously impervious to the fact! He bit back a smile at their unrestrained enthusiasm.

Bending forward, he cupped Yusuf's face in his hands and said, "One moment, ates parçasi. You have something on your face." He then took out his handkerchief and wiped Yusuf's face extremely gently.

He then turned his gaze to Seher and their eyes collided and a shiver ran through her. She felt as if an invisible thread was pulling her towards Yaman, entwining their souls together.

He asked her hoarsely, "May I?" Seher shyly nodded in acquiescence.

Yaman cradled her chin and wiped her color-stained cheeks tenderly. His fingers roved tentatively over her beautiful face and seemed to linger near her lips. His gentle touch was scorching her to the core!

Yaman then gently teased her luscious lips with his forefinger, as if reminding her of their erotic kiss from the day before. Seher was turning crimson red from embarrassment and self-consciousness and her breathing became laboured and shallow. She entreated him with her eyes as if petitioning him to cease this gentle and delicious assault on her senses, especially because they were in Yusuf's presence!

Yaman eventually complied and looking back at Yusuf, he exclaimed, "Tough guy, there is another game we can play. I used to play it a lot as a kid."

Yusuf excitedly asked, "Which game is that, amca? I want to play it too!"

Yaman smiled indulgently at him and replied, "The staring match. Do you know how to play that?"

Yusuf swung his head left and right in consternation and replied immediately," No, amca. How is that played???"

Yaman kissed his forehead and began explaining the game to his charming nephew. "So, ates parcasi, two people can play this game at a time. They have to stare into each other's eyes continuously for one minute, and whoever blinks first loses the game."

Yusuf clapped his hands in rapturous joy and beaming excitedly, responded, "I like this game, amca! We will play this! Let's do, please, amca."

Yaman couldn't hold back his smile at the unmitigated pleasure in the eyes of this adorable little man in front of him. This boy of his heart...this child who was like his very own son. A son, born of his own heart!