Chapter 14

It was after the final battle.

Ladybug and Chat Noir finally defeated Shadowmoth. Through all the chaos to stop him from getting her miraculous she discovered where he had hidden Emilie. She didn't need to fight any longer as she was the holder of creation. She understood why Shadowmoth wanted the Miraculous but she knew there was a better solution. With her powers, she was finally brought Emilie back to life.

Shadowmoth stopped his reign as he finally got his long-awaited wish that he believed that there was no solution for.

Ladybug didn't stay in the reunion as she still had to cleanse the Akuma, finally ending Shadowmoth terror on Paris once and for all.

Marinette and Adrien were finally able to go back to their lives. However, she hasn't seen Adrien for about a week as he was catching up to his family's new dynamic. Marinette was in her studio apartment as she was jumping ahead on her next designs. She was placing the fabric on her model when she sees Bunnix Vortex appear.

"So what's the news?" Marinette asked as she looked at Bunnix come through.

"You were right, there is still another Hawkmoth in the future," Bunnix reported.

Marinette sighed as she nodded in response, "I guess our work is not done."

"But how is possible Marinette? You now have the Butterfly and Peacock Miraculous?" Bunnix expressed.

"Well, Adrien has the butterfly one still, "Marinette corrected as she shrugged.

"So we're not done."

"No this is a new battle..." A knock came at the door, and Bunnix took her cue to leave. After Bunnix left she went to the door to find Adrien standing there.

"Adrien!" Marinette hadn't expected to arrive at her home. In the second it took them to register that they were together in the same place. It has been days since she has physically seen him since his mother return. They both didn't realize how much they miss each other.

"Hi," he said. He seemed a little stunned as if he couldn't think of anything more to say.

"Hi."

They stared.

"Do you want to come in?" She offered.

"Oh. Um, yes, I do." Something was off. He was different, nervous maybe.

She stood aside, making room for him to enter. He looked around the space as if it had changed somehow since the last time he saw it.

She turned to gaze at him, "How are you feeling?"

"Great. I'm happy and things are falling into place. It's weird, my father has changed it's like the old him is gone but it doesn't really feel like he's gone. And my mom... she amazing and it's weird having her back but she and my dad are inseparable. And to think that if we knew sooner we, well you brought her back. I never thought I would ever see her again. It's all thanks to you." He gave her a sympathetic smile.

She sighed as she didn't want to ruin Adrien's moment with his family, "I would do anything for you. It's weird not having Akuma interrupting my work now."

"Yeah," Adrien agreed. "I'm glad it's finally over. Is there a need for Ladybug and Chat Noir right?" He notices her sad expression and walked her over to the bed, sitting next to her. "Is something the matter?"

"I'm just glad that you are happy," she concluded. She threw her arms around him, and he held her.

"Yeah, and we can finally move on with our lives." Adrien went to grab her pillows for a ring box that was hidden.