Chapter 11

It has been now weeks since Marinette and Adrien had broken up. Things were never the same when they worked together for photoshoots and fighting akumas.

Marinette had completely cut off her friendship with Luka since the events that happened in his apartment. However, she knew it wouldn't make a difference. Adrien made his choice and it was her fault that he made him feel like that.

She loved him, but she couldn't do this anymore. This whole thing with Luka, she chose Adrien and he isn't choosing her back. She chose him over everything and if he wasn't going to choose her, that was it. She can't move on, they aren't Adrien.

Luka, loved him, but she wondered if she was kidding herself? She convinced herself that she needed to give herself the best chance to be the happiest, but Adrien choosing to say that he couldn't trust her anymore, it was over.

All she thought he wanted was to be chosen, over everything else, and when she did, it wasn't good enough. Clearly, it wasn't enough to choose him. And that's all she could do. It was for the best she told herself. She ended things with Luka for good, she needs to focus on being a hero and guardian, and Adrien... he's only her partner.

It had been two months since this whole thing started and the crazy thing was, it didn't take time to know that she wanted Adrien. It took time to realize that wanting him was never going to change. The world was never going to let her stop loving Adrien Agreste.

She and Chat Noir were out together fighting Doctor Sadness. As heroes, they were able to put their relationship issue behind and be friends. However, there were no longer the flirtatious quips and jokes between them.

"Pound it," They both said as they defeated Doctor Sadness.

"We'll catch you later Ladybug," Chat or says as he starts to leave.

"Wait..." Ladybug stopped him. Ever since he broke up with him, she had one question, "I just need to know one thing."

"What is it?" Chat Noir responded, over the weeks he had stopped being so cold towards her.

"Do you still love me?"

Chat Noir didn't know how to respond. He was still very much in love with her but he was still hurt. He wanted to tell her that he missed her and that he was still in love but the only words that came out were, "No...I don't."

Ladybug bit her lip and nodded, "Okay." Before he can respond to her reaction she left the other direction which broke his heart.

He then made his way to transform back.

"Oh, look who breaking hearts now," Plagg commented as he spoke from his shirt pocket.

"I and Marinette have to move on," Adrien sighed.

"But didn't DJ what's his name said it was over?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't change what did happen," Adrien admitted, "I don't like it but I have to accept that I'm moving forward without her."

"You know you break up with someone because you don't love someone not because you are in love," Plagg commented.

"I'm not in love with her."