Chapter 12

"Because I was trying to fool myself," Adrien shrugged, looking unbothered by the fact. He looked out to see that the clouds were approaching to rain soon, "I was hurt because I didn't understand."

"Well you were right, something was going on with Luka and I had to explore it," Marinette agreed.

"And it was really hard for me," Adrien started as he choked on his words, "I didn't... I don't know if I trust you."

"Because of Luka?" Marinette asked as she tried to keep her breathing calm.

"What if you change your mind about us?" Adrien asked as he didn't want to feel this kind of betrayal.

"I didn't change my mind, I was confused and you were right I had to explore it. I can't keep feeling guilty about it. But it didn't mean anything to me because he wasn't you," Marinette explained.

"I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I'm just scared," Adrien admits.

Marinette understood as she nodded, "yeah and maybe it will take time for you to trust this but I want to marry you and I want to spend my life with you. I chose you Adrien and I always keep choosing you every single day of our lives."

"Even if I moved on?" Adrien explained as he knew that he did have to tell her about Kagami.

"Adrien..."

"I didn't understand how you can kiss a guy without it not mean anything. I was hurt, and it was over, I tried to move one," Adrien explained.

"You did?" Marinette didn't know what to react.

"And I couldn't... there was no love," Adrien smiled towards her, "They weren't you, I love you. I've tried to stop."

"Really?"Marinette looked up at him as he approached her and wrap his arms around her.

"I'm sorry," Adrien apologized.

"I'm sorry too," Marinette replied as she was still confused on why he was shirtless, "So was it Kagami who convinced you?"

Adrien gave her a surprised look of shock, "Uh, how do you know?"

Marinette crossed her arms as she stepped back from him, "Nino."

"I knew it he was a traitor!" Adrien remarked.

"He's just not great at secrets," Marinette chuckled but she stepped back with a disappointed face, "So you were really trying to forget me?"

"It was a ruse, I can't forget you and I don't want to anymore. We are real and nothing can change that," Adrien realized how much weight those words meant to him.

"It was a ruse?" Marinette's voice had become less broken.

Adrien's heartbeat raced. That was the problem. He was in love with her but he just realizes it was almost an hour that he was with Kagami. He had sex with her and he nows has to confront AMrinette about it. He was scared. What if they couldn't be together?

"Taking your silence as an answer Agreste, what exactly happened?" Marinette asked, her face was scrunched up and pink. Literally taken back at this new revelation.

Adrien looked desperately for an out. He faced her and looked directly at her. "I kissed her ."

Marinette gasped and placed a hand on her chest, "Are you lying?"