Chapter 11- I Want Crazy

With everything that's been going on, I just needed a jam session and a kitchen to de-stress in. I grabbed a set of speakers as I headed to the island kitchen where meals were made. The chefs weren't here this weekend, they all took a vacation, so I didn't have to kick them out or ask them to leave, which was nice.

I grabbed all my ingredients and plugged the speakers and my phone in before hitting play and beginning to make something. I wasn't sure what yet, but I just felt like stress cooking. It was a good way for me to focus and reset.

I focused on what kind of treat I would be throwing together and decided to just roll with it and see where it takes me. I started with a base of eggs, flour, milk, salt and sugar. I mixed the ingredients before adding some vanilla extract to the mix. I decided it needed something- peanuts. I grabbed the nearby can of salted peanuts and the jar of peanut butter before beginning to crush the peanuts and add some peanut butter to the recipe as well, and then mixing the entire concoction.

I shook my hips to the song and danced around the kitchen, belting the lyrics as loud as I wanted to. I hoped the cameras weren't on because 1) complete and utter embarrassment and 2) Tasha would kill me for wearing athletic booty shorts and a button down while the cameras were catching everything.

After it was mixed, I poured the concoction into a pan and put it in the oven. I set the timer, turned up the music and waited for my recipe of amazement to be finished.

"Did it ever occur to you that I have bionic hearing?" Chase said from the doorway.

I jumped, stopping all of my horrid dancing because I was spooked. "Chase! Knock when you walk in on a girl dancing to her favorite songs!"

"Well I'd have to say that you should have invited me, then." He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes just as "I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes came on.

I'm booking myself a one way flight
I gotta see the color in your eyes
I'm telling myself I'm gonna be alright
Without you baby is a waste of time

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Chase standing there with his hand out. "May I have this dance, m'lady?"

I giggled. "Of course, kind sir."

Yeah, our first date, girl, the seasons changed
Got washed away in a summer rain
You can't undo a fall like this
'Cause love don't know what distance is
Yeah, I know it's crazy

We waltzed around the island in the middle and Chase switched to a foxtrot. I giggled and we continued as the music sped up.

But I don't want good and I don't want good enough
I want can't sleep, can't breathe without your love
Front porch and one more kiss, it doesn't make sense to anybody else
Who cares if you're all I think about,
I've searched the world and I know now,
It ain't right if you ain't lost your mind
Yea I don't want easy, I want crazy
Are you with me baby? Let's be crazy, yeah

I wanna be scared, don't wanna know why
Wanna feel good, don't have to be right
The world makes all kinds of rules for love
I say you gotta let it do what it does

He suddenly spun me around and we switched back to a waltz.

I don't want just another hug and a kiss goodnight
Catchin' up calls and a date sometimes
A love that revels and we still believe
We're the kind of crazy people wish that they could be, yeah