Chapter 5- Hospitalized

Hospitalized

Dani's POV
I ran to the hospital with a bag of chocolate and flew inside to Chase's room only to find that he was still asleep at 9 in the morning. I rolled my eyes and brought over a comfortable chair, sitting down in it and watching Chase as he slept. Donald was snoring lightly as he was still sleeping, he probably stayed up all night before drifting off to sleep. Chase shifted and turned in his sleep, turning on his side and facing me. He grumbled something and then sat up, still not opening his eyes.

"Well good morning to you too, sleepy head," I said and smiled at him.

He rubbed his eyes, "Morning. Why are you here so early?"

"I told you I would be here right when they opened the door for visitors."

He smiled at me and looked at my hands. "What's in the bag?"

"You'll see later."

"Dani!" Chase exclaimed and I smirked at him.

"No, not yet. They're for later. We wouldn't want to ruin the surprise now would we?" I asked and he shook his head. "Alright then. I'm going to get you breakfast and then I'll be right back." He nodded and I got up, grabbed Donald's wallet and then headed for the Tim Horton's in the lobby. I brought him back a breakfast sandwich and gave it to him before sitting back down in the chair.

Donald jolted awake and I raised my eyebrow at him. "What's got you all jumpy?" I asked.

He looked at me, "I had a horrible nightmare that Leo had sent you, Bree and Adam on a mission to rescue a whale!"

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, how crazy would that be? ha...ha ha."Donald gave me a weird look and then sat in the chair properly.

"Chase, I wouldn't advise eating that sandwich right now, because we have to give you your flu shot." The doctor said, walking in.

Now, let me remind you, Chase has never seen a needle in his life, much less one that has a splashy green liquid in it. So when he saw it, he wasn't too fond of what was going to happen.

"A-A-A a sh-shot?" He stuttered and looked over at the doctor.

"Are you sure?" Donald asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I assure you, Mr. Davenport, Chase will be fine. It'll only feel like a pinch and then it's all over." The doctor said and Chase looked over and me.

I nodded, "Just close your eyes and squeeze my hand if you have to."

He nodded and took my hand, squeezing it a bit as the doctor used an alcohol wipe on his arm and then gave Chase the shot. It was over in under a minute and Chase let out a sigh of relief.

"See, it wasn't that bad." The doctor said and I thanked him since Donald had fainted.

"Haha, wimp." Adam said, walking in after the doctor left. "We saw the whole thing!" Adam said and Chase gave him a 'really?!' look.

"And how many shots have you been given Adam?" I asked and he tried counting on his fingers.
"None."

"So then why are you making fun of Chase when he's the only one out of the three of you who's been brave enough to be given one?" Adam looked like he was contemplating it.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. At least now we can try to get some sleep." Bree said and Leo nodded.

"Yeah, I'm starting to get bags under my eyes!" Leo said, pointing to his face.

I looked over at Chase who laughed. My eyes narrowed and realization struck him. "Oh, sorry guys."

"It's okay, you're sick, we get that. Just don't spread it to the rest of us." Bree said and stood beside me. Chase groaned and rolled on to his side.