Chapter 6- Survival

Survival
-Saturday-
(This chapter also contains scenes from Sink or Swim)

Dani's POV
Saturday finally rolled around and I woke up at around 11 o'clock a.m. I got out of bed and unlocked my door, heading to the bathroom to shower. I showered, changed into a grey zip-up hoodie with a black cami underneath, a pair of denim shorts that went up to about mid-thigh on me, my Converse AllStars and a grey beanie. My hair dried straight and I put on a little mascara, looking prepared to do anything and face the day. I grabbed my wallet and phone, just as Bree texted me. "Are you ready?" the text read and I replied, "Yes, come to the window."

And soon enough, there was a ladder at my window, which I climbed down quickly and put it behind the house. I climbed into the car which I noticed Adam was driving. "Are all five of us going...?" I asked and Bree shook her head.

"Just the four of us. Leo decided to stay home and cover for us." I nodded, reminding myself to text Leo a 'thank you' later. Chase popped up from the front seat and I smiled widely at him, turning in my seat and faced Bree.

"So where do you want to go first? We can go to PacSun or Forever21 or Old Navy..." I said and she shrugged.

"Wherever we go, we go. It doesn't matter to me." she said and I nodded, smiling.

"I'm so excited we're doing this! I feel like such a rebel!" Bree exclaimed and I laughed a little bit.

"I totally know what you mean! This is better than sneaking in after curfew!" I exclaimed and she nodded excitedly.

"Don't get too excited, there's still a 50% chance that Tasha or Mr. Davenport will be at the mall too." Chase said and I nodded.

"Oh, who cares. We can just hide from them if they are there." Adam said and I agreed.

"Besides, it's not like they'd do anything rash in front of the rest of the mall," I said and the others nodded.

"Okay, let's do this thing." Adam said as he parked the car and we all got out. We walked in as a group, Bree and I leading the way and Adam on one side and Chase on the other. We headed all over the mall, dragging the boys along before we stopped for lunch at around 1 p.m.

We stopped and got pretzels and sat down in a booth. "See Mr Davenport or Tasha anywheres?" Chase asked and Bree looked around and shook her head.

"Alright, let's scarf these down and get back to walking around." I said and saw that Adam was already stuffing the pretzel in his face.

"Adam, you don't actually have to eat it that fast, you'll get sick." I said and he looked over at me.

"Like Chase sick or just like a tummy ache?" he asked with his mouth full of food.

"Like a tummy ache." He nodded and slowed down. Chase took my hand from underneath the table and I smiled at him. "Where do you guys want to go next? Hot Topic? Zumiez? Maybe American Eagle or Hollister?" I asked and Bree sat up immediately.

"Ooh, let's go to Hollister! I need more shorts and maybe a dress. But I also need to stop into American Eagle to get jeans and stuff."

"Okay, well I would like to stop into Zumiez to check out the place," Chase said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I need a new board. I also have to stop into Hot Topic and get a bathing suit that I've been dying to buy and it's super cute!" I said and Bree nodded.

"Yeah, I need one too."

The three of us looked over at Adam. "Where do you want to go, Adam?" I asked and he shrugged.