Chapter 2- Best Friend?

Best Friend?

After the dispute was settled, there was a nerve-wracking call. Chase looked over to the computer and opened up a new mission file. "You guys go, I'll watch over the lab." I said and the three other bionic kids left immediately for Alaska.

I walked around the lab tapping on the desk and stuff, trying someway to stop the boredom. Somewhere between the time they left and the time they got back, someone knocked me out. Something cold and hard hit the back of my head and I passed out very quickly.

When I woke up, I was against a wall, chains holding me back. I struggled and fought against the chains, trying to break free. After a few minutes, I gave up and sighed. The metal was made out of nickel, the one thing that makes me have an allergic reaction to it.

I sighed as my wrists and ankles started to get itchy and swell up a bit. I groaned in frustration and tried to speed myself out of the chains, but that didn't work either. Then I scanned the room for keys. I didn't find any.

"Having fun sweetheart?" a voice asked and I frowned.

"Who are you?! What do you want with me?!" I yelled and the person came out of the shadows.

"Aww, c'mon Dani, you're taking all the fun out of this!" The person said and laughed underneath a mask.

"Who are you?!" I yelled and the person took his mask off.

"Your worst enemy."

I lifted my head to see a teenager around the age of 18 standing right in front of me.

"Miss me?" he asked.

I tilted my head to the side in a questioning manner.

"If I missed you, wouldn't you think I would be happier to see you?" I asked in a 'duh' manner.

"Alright, Dani. Enough with the games." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Just unlock me. I promise I won't run away." I said and he nodded, pulling the keys out of his pocket and unlocking me. I jumped into his arms as he wrapped me up in a hug.

He laughed, "So you are happy to see me then."

I smiled into the crook of his neck, "I'm always happy to see you. I wish you hadn't locked me up first, but yes, I am very happy to see you." I cupped his face, "Still as handsome as ever," I said quietly and he genuinely smiled at me.

"Well, you still are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen," he said and I giggled.

"You're such a dork," I muttered nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck, my legs wrapped around his abdomen as he held me up.

"Yeah, well, I guess you rubbed off on me a little bit after all those years," he said and I smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

Suddenly, my back made slight impact with the brick wall behind me. "You know, I'm not sure if you've missed me, but I certainly have missed you," he said and I smiled.

"Yeah, I've missed you too," I said sadly and looked him in the eyes. "I just wish we had more time right now. But Bree and Adam and Chase are going to come looking for me and I don't want you getting hurt."

He smiled at me with sadness in his eyes, "Can we make the best of this moment then? Because as long as you're mine, I feel like I'm on top of the world." I nodded and leaned in, my lips brushing against his for a mere second before pulling away. "You little tease," he muttered and cupped my jaw, pushing his lips against my own.

I ran my hands through his hair and he deepened the kiss. I pulled away after another minute of kissing him and looked into his eyes. "My, my, my, look at that. Lukey pookey has gotten good at kissing!" I teased him and he blushed.