Chapter 13- Babe

Chapter 13

All I had seen was Bree beating the crap out of Chase. Except it was Spikerella? I shook my head and rushed over, breaking them apart and turning off Bree's commando app.

Chase was huffing and puffing, taking deep breaths while Bree had collapsed to the floor, not used to the pain of the app. I turned to Chase with a raised eyebrow and he smiled sheepishly at me.

I rolled my eyes and I wrapped my arms around him pulling him into a hug. He smiled and hugged me back. I looked up at him and then cupped his face with my hands, looking him over.

"She didn't hurt you, did she?" I mumbled and he smiled, shaking his head again. "Good, I would've kicked her ass if she hurt my baby."

Chase blushed a bright red.

"What happened?" I asked him, smirking.

"Douglas thought Spikette should meet Spike but didn't know how to bring Spike out. But Bree offered her tips and instead dressed me up as a baby. I got super embarrassed and out came Spike." Chase's face got more red.

"You're cute, you know that?" I told him.

"Mhm, tell me one more time..." he mumbled and leaned down to kiss me.

I kissed him back, wrapping my fingers in his hair. His hands were firmly planted on my hips and I doubted they would move for a long time.

---

Later that day, I found Chase laying on the floor with a pair of blocking headphones on his chest. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, but helped him up. Once Chase was actually able to tell me everything, I stormed off to find my father.

"DAD!!!!" I yelled and I stormed into the training area.

"Uh oh!" Douglas muttered and hid behind some of the students. They side stepped, revealing him.

"You have some explaining to do!" I exclaimed, hands on my hips, angrily looking at him.

"Well, you see-" Douglas started.

"No, I don't see anything! Chase can't hear anything because of you!!" I to him.

He looked nervous and unsure what to say and I sighed.

"Can you just go fix him please? He's in his capsule right now hoping that it's just a glitch."

Douglas nodded and ran off to get materials and then to aid Chase.

"So did you get pictures?" I turned to a back-to-themselves Bree and Kate.

They both giggled and Bree pulled out her phone showing me the pictures and sending them to me.

---

Walking into the living quarters, I noticed that Chase was fast asleep on the couch. It made my heart swell and I smiled before walking over to him and laying a blanket over him.

He moved a little bit but stayed asleep. I smiled and took a seat in a chair, turning on the TV. Eventually, I fell asleep, exhausted for no reason. I had a good dream, Chase was in it, I was running away from him as he chased me through a corn maze. When he caught me, I laughed loudly as he took me by my waist and spun me around. And that was when I heard the scream.

It woke me up, my eyes opening immediately, and I fell off the chair, landing on my back. I looked around for the source but could only find Chase. Could it be...? No. He told me he got over the nightmares.

Then there was another scream, and it definitely was from Chase. I crawled over to him and knelt beside the couch.

"Chase, Chase, wake up," I shook him, trying to wake him up.

He did and shot up, our heads colliding. "Ouch," he muttered.

"Ugh," I grumbled and both of us held our heads.

Once our heads sort of returned to normal, he made space for me to sit on the couch. We sat in silence for a bit, due to the fact that I didn't want to bring up his screaming.

I took a deep breath and then said, "I thought you got over the nightmares..."

Chase's expression fell to one of embarrassment and nervousness. "I-I thought I could handle it. And I was, for a while. But Dani, sometimes they just get so bad and I-" He stopped and looked at me, tears threatening to spill out of his perfect hazel eyes.

I smiled halfheartedly and took his hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

He continued on. "I didn't want to burden you with them. I didn't want you feeling like you had to take care of me like I was some child." He looked really upset by this.

"Chase, I'd never see you in that way. You're my best friend, and no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you. You can trust me, and you're definitely not burdening me with anything."