Chapter 39

My alarm went off at 7 am the next morning and when my alarm went off, I got out of bed and went over to the closet, and picked out a cute outfit until it was time for the wedding. I am so excited to marry the man that literally changed my life. Colson got up a couple of minutes after I did because I think that he felt that I wasn't in the bed with him anymore. Colson is not a morning person so it was rare of him to get up early. Colson got up and went over to the closet too and got out an outfit.

After I got my outfit, I walked out of the bedroom into the bathroom, and then I turned the shower water on to the way that I like it. Colson decided to join me in the shower. We just did our own routine. Colson got out before me because I take extra time in the shower because of me washing my face. After Colson got out of the shower, he gave me a quick kiss (which I love).

Anyways, after I was done washing my face, I got out of the shower and dried my body off, and then blow-dried my hair. After all of that, I put my outfit on. I put a purple tank top on with skinny jeans along with some converse. I brushed my teeth and flossed then I walked out of the bathroom with my dirty clothes and then went into the bedroom and put them in the laundry basket. After that Colson and I went downstairs to get some breakfast. We walked into the kitchen and I got out a pan to make some eggs for Colson and I.

A couple of minutes later, the eggs were done and I split the eggs between Colson and I. I like to have ketchup with my eggs. I have to have something with my eggs or I will not eat it. After we were done eating, we put our plates and forks in the sink, and since we already set up the little decorations that we got. We just decided to relax.

The wedding is at 2 pm and it is 10 am right now so we have plenty of time to relax or get some chores done around the house.

Time passed and it is 1 pm right now and it is time to get ready for the wedding. I go outside to my car and get the wedding dress and brought it inside and up to the bedroom. While I was outside the person who was going to marry Colson, they pulled into the driveway, which was perfect timing. I have invited him inside and told him that Colson and I are going to get ready. I went into the bedroom and then stripped from my clothes and then put on a robe so I can do my hair and makeup. So I went over to my vanity and got all of my hair and makeup essentials out. I did my hair first. I decided to just curl my hair and for my makeup, I did a glam look which I am definitely not used to because I am an original person, but today is exceptional.

Today is the best day so far and it is going to get even better during and after the wedding. 

After I was done with my hair and makeup, I put on my white dress that I got from the mall and my dress is so beautiful. I am in love with it. Colson got ready in the bathroom since the groom cannot see the bride in her wedding dress before she walks down the aisle. 

I was done getting ready and I texted Colson telling him that I was ready and he said that he was also ready, so I heard him walk down the stairs, and then a few moments later I got a text from him saying that I can come to the back yard whenever I am ready to come down and I replied with okay.

So, I slowly walked down the stairs because I seriously don't want to trip on my dress and fall down the stairs. After I got down the stairs, I walked out of the back sliding door and I looked at Colson and I just couldn't help the tears that were in my eyes because I have never thought that in a million years that I would be in this moment right now.

I have gone from being abused and almost being raped to being in a relationship with a man who truly loves me and will do anything to protect and love me. I have been through a lot and I didn't think that I could overcome the obstacles that have come up to me but I have and it is an amazing feeling to feel so free. 

I continued to walk toward Colson and he held his hands out for me to take and I did. We stood in front of each other looking into the eyes of each other. 

"Do you, Colson Baker, take Sabrina Jones to be your wife, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor her, to love her faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come?" said the man who was marrying us.

"I do." Colson replied.

"Do you, Sabrina Jones, take Colson Baker to be your husband, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor him, to love him faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come?" said the man who was marrying us repeated.

"I do" I responded.

"In the power of vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Colson leans down and kissed me and I kissed back. We pulled away from each other and I feel so happy at this moment. I feel so free. I feel free with Colson. I feel free from everything. I'm out of the dark. I'm now in the light.