Chapter 10

🔹Chapter 10🔹

*TAURIELS POV*

I watch in horror as my beautiful, young Areth is struck by an Orc arrow in the leg. My heart beat speeds up and my jaw drops. She cries out in pain and falls to the ground. She takes the shaft of the arrow in her hand and yanks it out in one powerful pull. She screams and slowly slips out of consciousness. I look around and find the lone Orc with a bow in his hand and scowl at it. I fling a dagger directly off of my hip, sending it spiraling through the air and sinking into it's head, right between its eyes. It lets out a mangled cry and falls.

I run to Areth, tears in my eyes. I pick up her small, delicate body and quickly run off, not wanting to encounter any other orcs. Looking down at her chiseled face, a tear slides down my face and onto hers. She is what brought me and Kili together. She is so precious to him. If I let her die she would also be what tears us apart.

~~~flashback~~~

I smiled at myself in the mirror, my hand on my growing stomach. I use my free hand to run my fingers over the detailing on the bodice of my cream colored wedding dress. Today was the day. The day I would finally be officially joined with the one I loved the most. Kili.

I remember the day I found out that I was with child. I was nervous about telling him as we weren't married. When I told him he replied with a smile, "I guess we have to make it official now". He pulled out a ring adorned with a beautiful moonstone that reminded me of the stars in the night sky. I of course said yes when he asked the question, "Will you marry me?", as I am here today, waiting to walk down the aisle and into the arms of who I love.

Someone peeked into my room. Legolas. "Tauriel", he said softly, "Ada is ready for you". I was having Thranduil hand me off to Kili, for he was the closest thing I had to a father, though he wasn't happy about it. He had no desire to hand me off to a dwarf, but he loved me like his own child and knew it was what I wanted.

I took a deep breath, following Legolas nervously. It was finally the day. I met Thranduil right outside the door to the place where the ceremony would be held. It was held in the same grand hall as Fili's coronation was held in, large enough to fit all the people who had come to see the prince of Erebor get married. "I love you, Tauriel" Thranduil says, looking straight ahead, seeming to afraid to make eye contact. I hug him, "I know you would rather be handing me off to another elf, but I am truly thankful that you respect my decision" I say, "It is a noble thing to do". He finally looks at me, kissing me on the cheek. "Are you ready?" He asks, and I gulp nervously, then nod. I place my hand on his arm, and the doors open.

Grand music starts playing and everyone faces the back door, standing up. I am amazed at the sheer amount of people that have attended. It appears as if the whole kingdom has decided to watch. I slowly start walking down the aisle, trying not to let the nervousness show on my face. I look down the aisle and see my love standing there alongside his brother, King Fili and Balin, who will be conducting the ceremony.

His face wears a large smile, showing how excited he is for this day. I give him a small smile back. A look of amazement is also in his eyes, awed at how I look. It seems like forever, but I finally reach the end of the aisle. I turn to face Thranduil, and quickly kiss his cheek. "Amin mela lle" he says, kissing my hand then slowly walks to his seat next to Legolas. Everyone sits down as I take Kili's hands. "You two look gorgeous" he smiles, lightly bringing his hands over my stomach. I smile at him, then Balin clears his throat. "We are here today to join Tauriel and Kili in marriage. May their lives together be happy and their years be many together" he says. Kili squeezes my hands and I smile nervously. "Now they will recite their vows to each other" Balin says, slightly stepping back.

Kili clears his throat. "Tauriel, I remember when you first took us all prisoner, I saw your gorgeous eyes and your fiery hair, and I was in awe of your beauty. That day you did not only imprison me as a person, but imprisoned my heart. Ever since then your beautiful eyes seldom leave my mind, wanting you to be beside me all the time. Today that dream will become true, as I am marrying the one I adore. I promise to stay beside you through it all, whatever life shall bring our way. And I promise to be slightly less reckless" he adds with a little chuckle. Tears leak down my face, a smile plays in my lips. "I remember when I first saw you, I thought how you were tall for a dwarf. And starting with your height, I slowly fell in love with more things about you" I say with a weak smile, shaky from the tears. "I remember thinking I would lose you after you were struck with that morgul shaft, and that was the moment I realized I loved you. That I couldn't live without you. And here I am now, smiling into the eyes of the one I fell in love with slowly, then all at once. I'll watch out for you always and will never leave you". I sniffle a little, earning a few "awwws" from a few in the audience.

"Kili", Balin says, "Do you take Tauriel to be your wife, through all of life's hardships, to hold and cherish forever?". "I do" Kili says, not a doubt in his voice at all. "Tauriel", Balin says, "Do you take Kili to be your husband, through all life's hardships, to also hold and cherish?". "I do" I say, eager for what's coming next. "Well Kili" he says with a smile, "you may kiss the bride". With one hand on my stomach and the other holding my cheek. He softly places his lips on mine. I smile into the kiss as I hear the crowd cheering. As I pull away I can't stop the tears that continue spilling down my face. I am now married to the one I love.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

AN- Wow! Thanks so much to all the people voting and commenting and such! I have over 550 reads and while that may not seem like a whole lot it's a start!! 1k reads by chapter 15?! From about here on I'm trying to make the chapters longer so... Anyways keep enjoying my story! I love hearing feedback from you guys;)