Chapter 2

After eating, I am told to head off to bed. Mother unbraids the small plaits twisted through my hair, kisses my forehead and I head off to sleep. After changing into my nightgown, I crawl between the blankets and lay there watching my parents walk around the room. They sit next to each other and my father lays his head on her shoulder. I smile. When all the odds where against them, and when nobody approved of their love, even the rulers of their homes, they still loved each other with all of their hearts. They share a kiss and my mother takes his hand in hers. "Kili, Thranduil wants me to return to Mirkwood. Not to stay, but just for a little bit" mother says in a slightly worried tone. "Tauriel, he hasn't wanted to see you since the battle of the five armies. What does he want now?" . "I don't know, but someone sent word he wants to see me" she says, nervously twisting her fingers in his. "I guess I shall go with you" father says in a straightforward tone, straightening his posture. "I'm afraid not. Thranduil still thinks you perished in battle. You know he never approved of us being together, and he would not want you in his halls" she says as she turns to face him, now taking both of his hands in hers. "Tauriel, one can't simply travel across all of that land alone. What if something happens? You will have nobody to help you. You could die alone from wounds of an enemy you didn't suspect!" he yells, standing up. "I'm not allowing you to leave this mountain alone!". Mother takes a deep breath. "I am going to take Areth. You know she can defend herself very well. I think she would be a worthy candidate to assist me".

Me, go with my mother to Mirkwood, the place in the stories she tells me? They will probably reject me there to. "And leave me here alone? No I must come with you" father said. "Thranduil and the other elves will not accept you. It will be miserable for all of us. I love you but other elves don't. At least Areth is part elf. They might accept her a little more than they would accept you". Mother stands up and heads towards her bed. "Come. Let's go to sleep. I don't want to wake Areth". Father stands in his toes and gives my mother a kiss. She smiles and they head off to bed.

I might be going to Mirkwood. I have heard what it's like. My mother has told me the story of how she became Captain of the Gaurd and how she saved my father from the giant spiders, and took him prisoner. That's when she knew, she said. That's when she knew he would be more than an ordinary dwarf to her. She told me vivid tales of her days as Captain of the Guard, fighting off giant spiders and protecting her homeland. I drifted off to sleep,imagining what awaited me as I traveled to the kingdom of the Mirkwood elves.
-----------
AN- See what I did with the LOTR humor haha :p Anyway sorry this is so short! The next chapters may be like that but I have a great chapter for when they get to Mirkwood ;) thanks for reading!