Last chapter - Imperfectly perfect

I would pay to see Taehyung's expression when I said I'd go as Kai's date. I couldn't wait for him to realize that his plan had backfired.

The rest of the day I spent with my mother, telling her everything going on in my life and she laughed at how complicated yet exciting things were. She also said she'd seen Taehyung and me in the backyard on my birthday and that she liked him. I don't know why but that was a relief.

After having Jieum come over the next morning, we made sure that everything  was perfect.

After making sure that everything was going as planned, which took the entire day, we returned back to get ready in the evening. She helped me with my gown and I helped her with her make up.

Both of us wore blue gown but she had a slit in between her legs while mine was didn't have one.

Ara's gown :

Jieum's gown :

Jieum's gown :

We both got ready in less than 2 hrs and headed downstairs, before everything started, I told Jieum to manage everything and I had something to take care of

We both got ready in less than 2 hrs and headed downstairs, before everything started, I told Jieum to manage everything and I had something to take care of. She nodded while heading downstairs alone. I made sure that everything was ready before heading inside.

When I went inside, the party had already started. I met the investors and made sure everyone was comfortable.

"Look who looks gorgeous today," I turn around and face Kai who was grinning like an idiot.

"Thanks, you look really good too. But a little birdie told me that the reason for that huge grin is something else," I said which made him blush.

"So there was this girl I met at the bar some days ago, she was absolutely gorgeous, in fact the prettiest girl I'd ever seen, and guess what?" he asked.

"What?" I squealed.

"I saw her, she was wearing this blue gown, I think she's an angel who fell from heaven," he sighed dreamily.

"Damn, that's a little chees, but okay," I teased. Just when he was about to reply I saw Jieum making her way towards us.

"I made sure they played the right music, everything under control, you're going to start the launch in 15 minutes," she said and I nodded. When I looked at Kai, he looked like he'd seen a human for the first time.

He looked at Jieum, completely shocked, happy, excited all at the same time.

Blue dress.

I smirked at his reaction, "Jieum, meet Kai. Kai, this is Jieum, my best friend, Jieum, why don't you show him around."

"Yeah sure," she said and smiled at Kai, I sweat it looked like he would faint any moment.

I still hadn't seen Taehyung even though I'd already seen Mr and Mrs Kim. I wondered why he was late.

The launch was done, everyone loved the new designs. I thanked everyone who played a part in making this project successful.

After making sure that everyone was having a good time, I started looking for Taehyung, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Looking for me?" he asked. I knew exactly whose voice it was.

I turned around to face Taehyung.

"You wish," I smirked. "So, where's your date?"

"She ditched me," he said and signed dramatically.

"Really? She was too pretty to be with you," I said.

"Yeah, that's what she said, so she came with her girlfriend," he said.

"You guys wouldn't make a cute pair either," I said.

He smirked at my reaction, "Really? Because that's exactly what you said yesterday"

"I said that because-"

"I know Ara, I met Jieum this morning and she told me everything," he smiled.

Way to ruin the fun Jieum.

"Well then I think it's a good thing for you that my date was also in this plan who's now roaming around Jieum like a love sick puppy," I said while pointing at Kai and Jieum. Jieum was talking about something while the walked around and Kai was following her like a lost puppy.

He chuckled at them, "I guess my plan backfired really back, didn't it?"

"I guess it did." I said.

Before he could say anything, right at that moment, the song changed.

I was lookin' for a long time
I never found nobody like you
I saw you order up a Mai Tai
Suddenly, I wanted one too

Taehyung looked and me and I simply shrugged and smiled.

"This was your idea, wasn't it?" he asked while grinning.

"Well, I guess I like dancing to this song only," I said shrugging.

"May I?" He asked for my hand. I gently places my hand on his before saying, "Yes, please"

He led me to the dance floor and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He kept his hands on my waist and we started dancing.

I got your name, got your number
And we talked 'til they turned on the lights
I was lookin' for a long time
I didn't know that night I'd find

"You know, I never thought I was going to find a woman like you. The moment I saw you, I knew you were the woman for me, love" he said, making me blush.

My person
My heartbeat
My slow dance
My Sunday-morning-sippin'-on-coffee in bed
My know-when-you-know best friend
The stealin' of my t-shirts of my t-shirts
My reason for speedin' home from work
My saving grace, my everything
I've never been more sure that you're my person

"I like you Ara, and I'll make sure that you're the happiest woman in the world," he said spinning me around.

"You're annoying, you get on my nerves like nobody else, you make me go crazy, but I think that's exactly what completes me," I said and he smiled.

My know-when-you-know best friend
The stealin' of my t-shirts of my t-shirts
My reason for speedin' home from work
My saving grace, my everything
I've never been more sure that you're my person

"You're perfect Ara,"

Even when you blow the punchline
Nobody makes me laugh like you do
Every minute is a long time
If I ain't holdin' on to you

"And you're not," I joked which makes him chuckle.

Yeah, you're my person
My heartbeat
My slow dance
My Sunday-morning-sippin'-on-coffee in bed
My know-when-you-know best friend
The stealin' of my t-shirts
My reason for speedin' home from work
My saving grace, my everything
I've never been more sure that you're my person

"Well, I guess that's the reason why we're imperfectly perfect,"

The End