~16~

Jisung's house- 10

Jisung's house- 10.30 pm 

"Hey mom I am home." Jisung said as he entered the house cluttered with his sisters toys. He had gone to get some groceries for his mother after they finished dinner.

"Hello Jisung. How was college?"

Jisung's dad said his face still in the newspaper making Jisung slightly jump out of shock and fear.

"I-I did-didnt k-know you were home d-dad." Jisung said in a soft tone.

"Well I am here, aren't I?" He said sarcastically face still in the newspaper.

"Yes dad." he said as his he is a servant and his father the master.

"Well so how was your college day? Are you doing good in the pre-med class? You have to come first this semester. I work very hard to pay your college tuition. I hope you aren't wasting it." He spit coldly.

"I am not dad. The professor already made me the pre-med class representative. I will try my best to come first."

"You don't have to try to come first, YOU HAVE TO COME FIRST."

"Ye-yes dad."

"How were your other classes dear? Your dance class?" Mrs. Park's voice echoed from the kitchen.

"DON'T ASK STUPID QUESTIONS!" Jisung's father commanded Mrs. Park as  soft crying could be heard from Yuri. He continued,

"THE ONLY REASON I AM ALLOWING YOU TO TAKE DANCE AS A MINOR IS BECAUSE YOU CAME FIRST IN 12TH. DONT YOU DARE WASTE TOO MUCH TIME ON DANCE. YOU ARE GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR. IT IS FINAL. DANCE IS ONLY A HOBBY"

Jisung's father ordered as Jisung just listened with his head hanging low,  tears softly rolling down his cheeks.

The crying from Yuri was much louder making Jisung's mom beg MR. Park to stop shouting.

"DO YOU GET IT?! ANSWER ME YOU COWARD!"

Y-yes dad. Got it"

Jisung raced to his room and started sobbing softly. All alone. How weird you are surrounded with family and friends but still feels so lonely when you need them the most..

He packed his dance bag and left for the studio from his bedroom window,  his eyes still packed with tears which he rubbed off with his hand. 

'If the thing that gives you comfort during the worst times can't be the profession you indulge in for most your life, what is the use......'

Jina's house- 7 pm

" I AM HOME." Jina screamed as the househelp rushed to the door to help Jin-a.

"Where were you Ms. Kim? Your college got over like 5 hours ago. I was worried sick about you!"

Jin-a smiled at the househelp's concern. "I wish you were my mother.
You care about me like 3000 timed more than her. " she said and rolled her eyes. 

"Madame cares about you a lot Jin-a. She asks me everyday if you ate well and if your mood is good and if you are okay." The house help trying to defend her employer.

"If only I could believe you and why would you defend her? She is always shouting at you. Anyways, you know today I went to at ice-cream shop quite far from here and tried the samples of all the 26 ice-cream flavors but I didnt even buy one! They thought I was rich so I would pay but I didnt even give them a penny and ran." Jina said laughing making the househelp face palm herself.

"Ahh Ms. Jin-a was this on your sisters to-do list?"

"Yup."

"well I am glad you are finishing her to-do list. This to-do list has given you a new childish personality which reminds me of the toddler you were, enjoying life. Never lose it."

" Promise!" Jin-a said as she and the househelp did a cute pinky promise and then Jin-a headed to her room to start with her test preparation and do her other assignments. 

"What fo I do of the lunch which was prepared for you?' Jina's housekeep shouted making sure Jina hears her.

"take it home for your son." 

-

She checked her phone as she heard it vibrate. the notification said Miyeon posted a new photo so Jin-a immediately checked it. 

"oh

"oh."

She started becoming jealous. she knew it was petty of her and that Miyeon should of course make new friends but she still felt bad as she used to in middle and high school. 

It just annoyed Jin-a that she had only one best friend to rely on, but Miyeon had so many other close friends.  Jina naturally ended up giving more attention to miyeon than Miyeon could ever give her.

Jin-a couldn't help overthinking and getting anxious. Her parents always told her she gave too much priority to friends but she couldn't help it. 

Now all she could think about was instagram and how her social life sucked...no focus on studies anymore.

As much as she tried to act cool and fearless she was still the same insecure girl like before...I guess people can't really change. 

She heard a knock on her door.

"Jin-a your mom is home. Come down for dinner." The house help said with the door slightly open

"ONLY MOM? DADS NOT COME?" Jina shouted back.

"Only your mom is home your dad will probably be late."

"Great, just what I needed right now."

Ok so I wrote househelp cuz I find saying maid kind of rude