Chapter 20 - Torture

Sara, Laurel, and Felicity had been sitting quietly in the liar for a while. Laurel sat staring at the screen with the video feed, silently processing everything that had happened recently with her Dad going missing and now Oliver.

Sara alternated between watching the video feed, Laurel, and Felicity. If she was being completely honest she was more worried for Felicity right now than she was for Laurel. After having had to watch Oliver be whipped by Malcolm, she knew that having to watch whatever Slade had planned for him now would be even harder on the blonde. Sara simply hoped that she would pull through it without it breaking her.

Felicity sat with the video feed pulled up on one screen and was monitoring Oliver from the corner of her eye as she still worked to trace the signal. Whoever is sending this must have some serious skills. She thought as she hit another dead end. She was starting to get really frustrated with this whole situation. I'm just going to set some of my programs working to see if they find anything before I feel like breaking something. The fact that she now knew Oliver's real feelings for her, as well as realized herself that she returned those feelings wholeheartedly, made this whole situation even harder on her.

Once Felicity set some of her programs to run searches she pushed back slightly from the computer to get a bit of space. Just as she turned away from her other monitors to check on Oliver she noticed that the door to the room that he and Detective Lance were in opened. She clenched her fist in frustration and anger as she noticed it was Slade who had walked through the door, however, as she noticed what he was carrying those feelings turned to dread.

Slade walked over to Oliver and without warning punched him in the jaw. Felicity couldn't help the small scream that escaped when she saw Oliver get punched. However, she chuckled slightly when she saw Oliver pin Slade with his Arrow Glare and was slightly relieved that he was now awake. He always looked so angry, yet so handsome, with that look on his face. She knew he was ready to punch Slade, and probably would have if he had not been hanging chained in the room.

Sara tensed at the sight of Slade. She and Oliver had thought he was dead, again, and now here he was about to torture Oliver - again. She couldn't help but remember Oliver's screams of pain the last time he was being held captive by Slade and she sincerely hoped that Felicity and Laurel would be spared them this time. She knew those sounds would haunt anyone's dreams and nightmares, just as they had hers. Her hopes died, however, when she noticed the whip in Slade's hands and she genuinely wished that there was something she could do to stop Slade. She knew that Felicity had been trying her hardest to track down his location and had been unsuccessful and that was eating at both of them at the moment. There was nothing that they could do but sit here and watch as her Dad and Oliver were hanging at the mercy of Slade.

Laurel wasn't paying much attention to what was happening in the lair. She was too focused on what was going on with her Dad. Yes, she was worried about Oliver, but he had endured such beatings before and she knew that he would be able to handle the same whip that was used on her Dad. She was more worried that something was going to happen to cause her Dad to be tortured even more. She already knew that he would be in a lot of pain as he had not completely healed from the beatings from Malcolm before Slade took him. She was so caught up in her own thoughts that she didn't notice Sara tensing beside her as Slade continued to speak.

"Did Felicity tell you about our discussion? We had quite a fun time talking about you when she came for a visit. She was quite worried for you when I told her everything that we were going to do together. She seemed particularly worried about our first order of business as apparently someone recently had the same idea. Unfortunately for you, we are not going to be interrupted as he was." Slade said to Oliver.