Chapter: 7 A Bedtime Story

Chapter: 7

Luckily for us, we were home before the first rain began to fall and it turns everything into a sheet of ice

Luckily for us, we were home before the first rain began to fall and it turns everything into a sheet of ice. It was never good for the roads when it was this time of the year as I hate it and the witches hated the snow and ice. We all did. Yet, we lived through it just like everything else that we had to face in our life whether it was small or large. After we got our dresses hung up in the closet, I had homework to do and that was writing an English essay paper over someone like Moby Dick or some girl name Elizabeth somebody. English was deaf on my ears as I had bigger things to worried about, but that was my goal in my life. For my parents, I will graduate from high school and figure out the rest of my life from there. 

If I have a life afterward...

This was a pain in the butt, but I was alive. Wasn't I? Yes. So, I did the work that was required of me to do. The sister witches and I were at the table doing our essays together while Irene was grumbling about her as she had to write about some girl from the book called Number The Stars. She was hating the subject already, but that was her assignment. Abigail had chosen Edgar Allen Poe because she was in advanced English. Lucky girl. So, we all had to do our assignments whether we like them or not. The major holidays were coming up after Homecoming was over and Halloween as well. With a deep breath that escapes from my lips, I was halfway done through my outline when there was a knock on the door.

All three of us glance at each other while Irene cast a glance at the clock as Aunt Lila was out with Ophelia right now. They were doing a seance or some circle tonight that will run late, but we weren't expecting visitors. There was another knock and it sounded persistent. Irene looks at the two of us, "Stay here. I'll see who it is."

Abigail and I gave each other looks as well while Irene got up from her chair as she headed down the hallway. All of us were in shorts or sweatpants and band tees or even regular t-shirts as well. Our hair was pulled up into buns or braided like mine. It was raining outside and it was cold. Abigail and I got up from our chairs as we glance around the corner and down the hallway to see who it was. We heard voices and then Irene calling for us. We rush down the hallway together to see an officer standing there. A regular human officer with red-blue lights flashing behind him from his police cruiser, but it was really an SUV. 

"If you guys will follow me, I will escort you three safely to the hospital outside of town." He instructed us we pulled on our socks and boots as well as our coats, gloves, and hats. We all pulled them out as Irene grabbed the keys to lock up the house behind us as we follow the officer down the steps and hurry over to the car. All three of us got in the car as Irene got it started up as the Officer pulled his SUV out first and then we did as well. Soon, we were following the cop with no music playing as Irene filled us in with what had happened. 

Abigail and I were stunned upon hearing this as I asked, "Are they okay?"

"From what the officer was saying, yes, they are. Their injuries aren't serious. Just minor scrapes and bruises. Ophelia is quite furious with whoever messes with her car." She was smirking and I could already see Ophelia being quite angry with whoever did it. Not caring about her scrapes or injuries. Abigail muttered something underneath her breath as she shook her head back and forth, but I knew she was upset about this as Irene and I both were. This wasn't good at all as Irene continued, "They said it was black ice on the road, but I bet you any amount of money that it was something else."