Chapter: 2 Changes Are Somewhat Welcome

Chapter: 2

"So, after keeping us apart from the bedroom

"So, after keeping us apart from the bedroom. You two are going on a mini-vacation?" I asked with my arms folded over my chest while giving them a glaring look as they could clearly see that I was not happy about this at all. That I had to respect my mother's wishes in giving Skye a chance to breathe and to be out there helping everyone for the Halloween bash that will be taking place here tomorrow night. Mates weren't able to keep their hands off of each other especially with ones that were newly mated and with my position as Alpha. It was harder and any guy looks at her wrong. It will be world war three which why was I relied heavily on my father for advice.

"Son, your mother had her reasons why." Jonathon-my father pointed out to me.

My mother gave me that look, "This mini-vacation as you put it is a recon mission as well. Since you are bound by duties and have to stay here with your newly mated luna. You are going to learn how to take charge without us supervising." 

"That means keeping it in your pants, son." My father warns me as I gave a low frustrating growl while rubbing the back of my neck.

"That isn't fair!" I shouted at them as I was frustrated and I was angry with them. I know I was young and inexperienced, but with them dropping the bomb on me like this when I have been sexually frustrated with not being able to touch Skye in such an intimate manner. It drove me up the wall. Now, they wanted me to rule over the territory, make decisions in their place, and know what the hell I am doing. 

My mother closes the distance between us while placing her hand on my shoulder, squeezing it. "You are wise, my dear son. You are a born natural leader. You can do this as well as keeping your wits about certain things too."

"We won't be leaving you if we didn't have faith that you can do this and make choices on your own." He reminded me softly.

I gave my father a troubled expression look but then look at my mother's hopeful look as well. Both of them were so sure that I was able to do this but at the same time. It made me worried. It made me worried for their safety as I asked them quietly, "Is it even safe for you guys to leave right now?"

"Our patrols have found nothing about Dorian. None of his lackeys can escape their prison cells and the ones that got away. Well, two join us and one is still on the run." My father shrugged his shoulder at me.

"So, why now? What are you guys going to do or find?" I asked them while running my fingers through my blonde hair that needed a cut. 

"Well, Skye's parents, of course." My father told me bluntly and my mother nodded in agreement with her husband. My mouth dropped open and I was surprised by his answer. I thought it was going to be finding Dorian and his whereabouts, but no. They were going out on this little mini-vacation to find my mate's parents. We had found out that they were alive and well. That they were on the run from Dorian, but Ophelia had a hunch that they were looking for answers to Skyler's predicament. We still haven't found any answers of our own.