Chapter: 22 Revealing

Chapter: 22

Aeliana's POV:

He was powerful. His power was sharper now and he had the accuracy to his aim as well, but all of them was a battle of will and he was full of his strong arrogant ways. I haven't been the only one that has been training to beat the other one. I was his equal. He met his match before me and I was going to thrive on it. The adrenaline that had fueled me was power in my hands as I use my ability, but I also use the training that I had specified with my guards as well as the other Royals. Of course, I gave them a choice and most of them want to protect themselves while others held to the old ways. 

We cross paths once more as we were locked in a stalemate, pushing against the other and trying our hardest to push the other back. I wasn't giving in and neither was my brother. The one that was the same bloodline as me, but he reeked of blood and anger. He had betrayed our parents in the worst way possible and it was such a terrible night. They weren't the only ones that he had taken either. He had done it to personally isolated me and get me out of the way. If it hadn't been for my beloved stopping me that night to disappear into the unknown world, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be Queen. 

With an angry howl, I shove everything forward as everything glow white and he skidded backward which gave me a great feeling that I was still able to throw him away. He was angry with me as he came back at me as we sparred and it had brought up many memories of us sharing afternoons doing this same thing, but now this was an actual battle between siblings. This wasn't sparring. One of us was going to go down and it wasn't going to me. 

With another thrust of my hands, I sent him backward since he had forced me on the defense. He was taking offense as he swing at me, but with practice. His swings bounce off my spirit shield as I had expanded my aura to protect myself. Everything was flooding through me, my memories, my own emotions giving me a boost of my gift, and the resolution that my brother will have to be put down. It had to be by my hand and no one else's. This was my battle against my flesh and blood. We share the same blonde color of hair and green eyes as he was built like a greek sculpture and I was his equal as a greek goddess with fair skin, a curvy body, and luscious curves that make men want me. 

There wasn't another vampire on this earth that I wanted to be with. I will forever know the loss of my beloved and putting my brother in his place. We parry from each other as both of us were panting from the exertion that we had put into this fight. Normally, I wouldn't be so out of breath that the humans like to call it. Since we are undead creatures and creatures of the night, we are alive in some ways. Just not with a beating heart. 

Everything was shimmering as the remnants of our battle had spread through the main entryway. Every time that he attacked me, I would cast his gift to the side. He was angry as he shouted, "I will be King! The throne is rightfully mine! I will remove you!" 

"Shut up." I seethed out at him and he dared to look like I had slapped him, but I continued, "You'll be nothing more than a tyrant." 

"Better than to be stabbed in the back, hm?" He gave a cruel smile.

"Tyrants are put to death and overthrown. Have you learned nothing of the history that follows them?" I asked him while giving him an incredulous look. 

"I will not be one of them! You will lay with the ancestors and our bloody parents!" He came at him fast and I barely had time to register what he was going to do in that small amount of time frame. I managed to throw up my barrier, but as always. Our instructor has warned us from using such reflexes as it could do more harm than good. 

"Keep telling yourself that, Alastair. You haven't been around for nearly over a hundred and twenty-three years now." I reminded him of the time that had changed and that it had been a long time since we have seen each other.