Chapter: 10 Story Time

Chapter: 10

We were sitting in the living room together

We were sitting in the living room together. Noah is next to me on the couch with my legs draped over his lap, his hands running up and down my legs in a soothing way. Donovan and Ivory sat together on one love seat. Lea was standing near the window as Marcus was sitting down on the sofa as well. Kolbe stood at his brother's side and Mikela was sitting on the other one with her legs draped over the quiet one. Tony Valez was standing next to Mikela on her side by the armrest as well.

Everyone was here. This was my pack, but I feel like an outsider here still. I used to feel like I was at home here, but it doesn't anymore. It seems that Marcus and Lea were still not on good terms. She barely spares me a glance as well, but the others that were there were waiting for me to explain the day's events of yesterday that took place. Another enemy to look out for while wondering when Dorian was going to attack. All of this felt stressful even after our heated session in the bedroom. Noah's eyes flicker to mine and I only gave him an innocent smile with a narrow playful look. If looks could burn me, I would be on fire right now.

"I'm glad to see that you are okay," Donovan spoke to me with an easy smile on his lips, once everyone was settled down and in their seats.

"I was lucky," I spoke quietly as Noah squeeze my leg while Lea shot me a dirty look and an even dirtier look to her brother as well.

"Luck isn't the word you should be saying right now, Miss Luna," Tony spoke ominously while I gave him a glaring look. The feeling of dread washing over my entire body at his words. I didn't like what that meant especially for my own situation. I knew the time limit was not on my side, but he didn't have to remind me. Jerk.

Lea snapped, "Who the hell was it?"

"A vampire," I answered her in a quiet voice as a cold shiver slipped down my spine. Everyone's eyes fell on me as if I sprouted two heads and walking funny. Their faces told me that they weren't expecting that answer. That they were expecting Dorian's name coming out my mouth, but it didn't. It wasn't the one who attacks me yesterday at school.

"So, you blast him away with your untrained magic?" Ivory asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She had some training. Not enough to defend herself with, especially against a vampire." Donovan reminded Ivory while giving me a sheepish look. The idiot realized what he had said, but it was true. After Aeliana's sessions, it left me feeling weak and tainted as well. There was no room to practice magic at all. Lila or Ophelia hadn't pushed me on it. Abigail and Irene were trying their hardest to keep me from falling down into despair of my wicked fate.

It was true, but the sessions were so painful that it took every ounce of willpower to not yank me away from her cool gripped. It was probably why she was the one to do considering she was strong-supernaturally. Just like me. This was something that I had to fight in a war that was ravaging hell inside of me. Lea spoke while looking at the window, "So, a vampire attack you and you use magic just like before. You could have been killed, you foolish woman."